Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Computer Help forum

Alert

Alienware alpha Console update install loops to no end

by BeanSage / May 13, 2015 7:00 AM PDT

Okay I have been using the Alpha for a while and I always used in desktop mode. Until I got tired of the fact that the Xbox 360 corded controler would not work right so I decided to try setting up te console mode to see if it would fix it but then when I do it signs me out restarts and brings me to a new user login it asks me to download a new update so I do. After that it makes me set up my settings as in - Sound, Resolution, scaling to TV, and install update. I get everything done then when I try to install the update it just brings up a loading circle and never stops. I even tried to let it sit over night and no stop even then. It specifically says "Your Console may restart during this process" but no restart... What so ever. I even tried changing settings and no end. I don't know how to boot the device into desktop mode neither and I cannot seem to open the bios to start in safe mode. I would be very greatfull if you could help me fix this problem.

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Back to Dell I fear.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 13, 2015 7:14 AM PDT
Collapse -
Okay thanks.
by BeanSage / May 13, 2015 7:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Back to Dell I fear.

But could you help with this part It keeps signing me into the console mode automaticly and I cannot really go back to desktop mode and the update install is still looping right now I am refreshing the pc other thn that I have no clue what to do

Collapse -
I'd hit Dell's own forum about that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 13, 2015 7:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Okay thanks.

But this model looks so new that you have a clear warranty issue.

Can you share more about using the control without the Microsoft dongle thing? I didn't find it to work without it. I read where some tried but after blowing half a day I ordered the box and it worked in minutes.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!