Question

alerts from calender

How do I get events from windows live mail calender to pop up ?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: alerts from calender
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: alerts from calender
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Alerts from Calendar

Hi tony1669,

The calendar reminder pop-up feature is no longer available in Windows Live Mail as it was in Windows Mail (Vista). The reminder alerts are only sent to the email.
However, you can install this windows calendar and it shows the events reminder between selected time intervals.
Windows Calendar.
Extract the folder and copy it to C:\Program Files and run the setup file.

Hope this helps.
Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Manpreet C

- Collapse -
File unknown

The .exe file was unrecognisible. I got the following message from a web search

- Collapse -
Try Internet Explorer or Google Chrome

Thank you for the response.

Right-click the link and select 'Open in New Tab'.
When you do that through Internet Explorer, this window will appear as shown in the image: Image
Click Save, the folder will be extracted.
Hereafter, copy the folder to C:\ Program Files as shown in the image and run the file (refer to the image 2): Image , Image 2
The Calendar window will appear as shown in the image: Image

Is this how you installed the application?

Do write back with the results.

Thanks and Regards,
Manpreet C

- Collapse -
Next

Manpreet, I've got the calender displayed on my screen: what do I do with it now ? I can't see it in win live mail calender. Do I have to do something to 'install it into win live mail calender or do I have to run it on its own as a stand alone platform ?

Regards,

Tony L.

- Collapse -
Standalone Platform Application

Tony,

Thank you for the response.

It can be used as a standalone platform since the feature of calendar event reminder has been removed from Windows Live Mail. It is an alternative, but it works.

Thanks and Regards,
Manpreet C

- Collapse -
CALENDER

Okay Manpreet. It's not ideal but it's a workaround. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Tony L.

CNET Forums