Peripherals forum

General discussion

Al in one printer that will print picture on CD / DVD

by colinito / March 21, 2007 7:30 AM PDT

I am presently using an HP 1355 all-in-one printer. I also use Nero as my jewel box and label printer programme.
I was told that there is an all-in-one printer that will also print a label on a CD or DVD.
I have so far only found one - an Epson.
I understand that Epson printers are a little on the thirsty side and only capable of using small capacity, and expensive, ink cartridges.
Does anybody have any suggestions about the most econimical one to use, and what the price range - preferably euros - might be?
Many thanks, in advance, for taking the time to answer this.
Colinito

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Al in one printer that will print picture on CD / DVD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Al in one printer that will print picture on CD / DVD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Didn't we discuss that labels are bad for CD and DVDs?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2007 7:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
Didn't we discuss that labels are bad for CD and DVDs?
by colinito / March 21, 2007 8:13 AM PDT

Bob,
Many thanks for your reply. I am aware of the details contained in your link. This is the reason that I am enquiring if anyone has any knowledge of a printer that will print the chosen label directly ON to the CD or DVD, and not on to a label to stick onto the CD or DVD. The reason, also, that I mentioned the details that I did about the printer that I have and the programme that I have been using to print the items.
Kind regards
Colinito

Collapse -
I owned the Epson.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2007 8:16 AM PDT

Yes it worked. Since it worked I didn't think much about ink or such costs since it was cheaper than sending it out to be done. Today I'm thinking about LightScribe the next time round.

Bob

Collapse -
by colinito / March 24, 2007 6:59 AM PDT
In reply to: I owned the Epson.

Bob,
Thanks for your reply. I 'toyed' with the idea of Lightscribe, but I think I might have to buy a new printer / lightscribe printer to do this. Nero used to have it as a download, but at the time I only had the DVD writer and copier which could not be used with lightscribe.
Regards
Colinito

Collapse -
Print on CD
by robbo2512 / March 23, 2007 4:20 PM PDT

I have been using the Canon Pixma printers.
Most can print to CD/DVD on white printable disk.
I currently have the Pixma MP800.
Absolutely brilliant.

Collapse -
by colinito / March 24, 2007 7:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Print on CD

Robbo2512,
Thanks for your reply.
Tha Canon Pixma sounds like the one I am looking for. I will enquire about it.
Regards,
Colinito

Collapse -
pictures on cd/dvd
by chrishandyman / March 23, 2007 8:18 PM PDT

hi,

I use a lexmark x5470 it does the job fine, however although lables are made for CD/DVD's disc they should not be used as it requires
skill in putting them on you should not touch the surface of the disk or even bend it, unless you use a label maker i would stay well clear.

you could end end damageing the drive. more money.

regarding the ink i think most of us have the same problem inks that are far to exspensive, these manufacturers have cornered the market and kept the prices very high as they know we need them.

Un like lexmark x5470 the epsom printers have compatibles available

i owned a epsom cx3200 all in one the original cartridges where cost

Collapse -
by colinito / March 24, 2007 7:18 AM PDT
In reply to: pictures on cd/dvd

chrishandyman,
Thanks for your reply.
I'll check out the Epson, but I think the ink is a little expensive. As I said, I have a friend who has an Epson and it needs to 'go to the well' rather frequently!
I have had a few problems with stick on labels, which is why I posted my question.
(I've also had a problem answering more than one post at a time! The forum won't accept this, so I have to exit and reenter to answer each post!)
Regards,
Colinito

Collapse -
Print labels on CD/DVD's
by shaz53 / March 23, 2007 10:45 PM PDT

I have a Cannon Pixma ip4200 it has a seperate slide that you just slip the disc into, attach and print. I'm in Australia but I'm guessing wherever you are they would have a cannon that could do the same

Collapse -
Print labels on CD and DVD
by colinito / March 24, 2007 7:27 AM PDT

shaz53,
Thanks for the information in your reply.
I have already been advised about the canon pixma, so I will definitely check it out.
I live a little bit north of you in southern Spain!" - Even so I should be able to get a reply about it when I check,
Completely as an aside, I spent some time in Australia back in the 50's for a while and again in the 60's. Down the East coast, visiting the G.B Reef, Townsville, Cairns. and a survival course lasting 6 weeks from Rockhampton down to Gympie and on to Brisbane. Enjoyed Surfers paradise etc etc)
Regards,
Colinito

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.