Speakeasy forum

General discussion

AL GORE NEVER LETS UP

by Mark5019 / February 12, 2006 11:00 PM PST

Former Vice President Al Gore was in Saudi Arabia on Sunday to make a speech. While he was there, you would have thought he might have done something useful. Perhaps he could have gone out on a limb and condemned Saudi financial support for terrorism. Maybe he could have spoken out for women's rights in Arab countries. Well .. he did nothing of the sort.

You see, Al Gore is a Democrat. And the Democratic specialty when traveling abroad is to criticize the United States of America. And boy did Al lay it on thick. He accused the U.S. government of "terrible abuses" against Arabs after 9/11. He complained that they had been "indiscriminately rounded up" and kept in "unforgivable" conditions. Really. I'm not making this up. Al Gore goes to what some believe to be home base for anti-Western Muslim culture and gives them aid and comfort by slamming his own country! Just amazing.

To Democrats like Al Gore, 9/11 never happened. There is no terrorist threat. Had Al Gore won the 2000 election (Thank you, God) not only would we have had 9/11, but probably more terrorist attacks. The left doesn't take it seriously. They're more worried about offending Muslims than they are preventing Islamic terrorists from killing more Americans. It's just fine for Al Gore to go to Saudi Arabia, the home of the virulently anti-American and hyper-violent Wahabbi Islamic sect, and slam his own country. But, whatever he does, don't say anything that could offend a Muslim~

There's not a dime's worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans on most things these days, but the irresponsible comments of Al Gore over the weekend in Saudi Arabia illustrate one thing. Gore, and leftists like him .. including John Kerry and Hillary Clinton ... must never be trusted with the reins of power in the Oval Office again. This country needs defending. They simply won't do it.

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AL GORE NEVER LETS UP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AL GORE NEVER LETS UP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Sickening :-(
by Evie / February 12, 2006 11:01 PM PST
In reply to: AL GORE NEVER LETS UP
Collapse -
im just glad the american voters
by Mark5019 / February 12, 2006 11:05 PM PST
In reply to: (NT) Sickening :-(

showed him and his kind the door

Collapse -
False premise piled on false premise, typical Boortz.
by Ziks511 / February 13, 2006 10:36 PM PST

Of course Democrats are appalled by 9/11, and it figures in all of their thinking, not least because Bush's management of the war has stirred up so many more terrorists threatening the US. They think the Bush Admin is creating up more trouble for the future with its application of inverted Teddy Roosevelt diplomacy "Speak loudly and insultingly (UN Ambassador Bolton) and swing wildly with a big stick".

Get a grip, if the US had cleaned up Afghanistan without getting involved in Iraq, it might have found that Iran was a bigger threat than Iraq, and might have found a valid reason like their nuclear program to go in and kick their Taliban out. Iraq might then have offered the US a reason to go in, like attacking Iran after the US left, and then the US could have gone in with some legitimacy and with a lot less of this "insurgent" terrorist cr@p. All the trouble has arisen from building the Iraq war on a pack of lies about WMDs and their threat to the US.

Rob

Collapse -
What do you think ...
by Evie / February 13, 2006 10:42 PM PST

... of what Gore said? The current Saudi visa policy is not lenient enough for him? This is NOT about Iraq, do try to focus.

Collapse -
Wow! If this is true, I can't imagine what the man could be
by Kiddpeat / February 12, 2006 11:10 PM PST

thinking. What would the American people think if they heard him say this?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Well, Boortz doesn't, anyway.
by Dan McC / February 12, 2006 11:28 PM PST
Collapse -
I suppose it would have been nice.....
by Josh K / February 13, 2006 12:13 AM PST

....to have included some actual quotes from Gore's speech, but then Boortz wouldn't have been able to post his more creative comments about it. 9/11 never happened? Really? Gore said that? Gore thought that? Gore implied that?

Collapse -
Op/Ed pieces really aren't news
by grimgraphix / February 13, 2006 12:19 AM PST

Op/Ed pieces really aren't news... They are just what they purport to be... opinion and little more.

grim

Collapse -
ok read and see for your self
by Mark5019 / February 13, 2006 3:52 AM PST
Collapse -
Thanks for the extra refference
by grimgraphix / February 13, 2006 5:22 AM PST

Much appreciated.

Truly another act of pandering to the audience. The man needs to realize he still represents the US government and act with the dignity that his former office demanded of him.

grim

Collapse -
here josh
by Mark5019 / February 13, 2006 3:51 AM PST
Collapse -
Mark...are you singlehandedly trying
by Cindi Haynes / February 13, 2006 4:24 AM PST
In reply to: here josh

to get Speakeasy shut down??? Geez, stop the attacks already!

I know you're not the only one, but you're a major one, and it makes it really hard for others not to respond in kind.

The whole tone here is back to where it was before the warning from Lee and the Mods. Sad

If this place suddenly doesn't load one day, well, it was nice knowin y'all.

--Cindi

Collapse -
gee Cindy if you would had seen
by Mark5019 / February 13, 2006 4:46 AM PST

this post from josh
"I suppose it would have been nice.....
....to have included some actual quotes from Gore's speech, but then Boortz wouldn't have been able to post his more creative comments about it. 9/11 never happened? Really? Gore said that? Gore thought that? Gore implied that? "

so where was my attack to point out if he read it?

guess you didn't read his reply so if my reply is an attack thats ridiculous as you can see.

so i dont see your view as you dont see joshs, dk(the special mod) terry, robs, and others

cindy your wrong this time but its ok i have broad shoulders i can take your venting

Collapse -
Josh was commenting on Boortz's piece
by Cindi Haynes / February 13, 2006 4:58 AM PST

And saying it would be nice if Boortz included more actual quotes, etc.

You on the other hand, put Josh down with

"if you took time to read"
"if you need help with a big word ask for help ok we wouldnt want you to be puzzled"
and then dragged Dan into it with
"both you and dan would serve your fellow dimocrats better if you took time to read"

I DID say that you were not the only one causing problems, and I DO see the responses by the others. I see that they skirt direct attacks, choosing instead to write just enough to encourage you to let 'em have it with both barrels, which is JUST as dispicable in my view, yet they are not attacking you personally.

Please, stop giving them satisfaction.

Cindi

Collapse -
and cindy the article had a link
by Mark5019 / February 13, 2006 5:22 AM PST

to the whole item so when josh didnt either take time or see it.
so his comments were wrong as he has to read article
ive jumped before

but i wasnt attacking him as he was attacking me in his way:)

Collapse -
Thanks Cindi
by Josh K / February 13, 2006 5:36 AM PST

I appreciate it.

Josh

Collapse -
OK, I read it.....
by Josh K / February 13, 2006 5:35 AM PST
In reply to: here josh

....and I still don't see any of the things Boortz said were in there. Criticizing Abu Ghraib or whatever is nowhere near forgetting 9/11 ever happened.

Collapse -
Boortz is off base...
by grimgraphix / February 13, 2006 5:46 AM PST
In reply to: OK, I read it.....

and writing with an agenda designed to inflame.

Gore did not acquit himself well though. If he feels so strongly that Arabs have been abused... then he should be making these statements in the US, to a US audience that could pressure our government to change. In short... He's complaining to the wrong people.

grim

Collapse -
Let's just take the visa issue
by Evie / February 13, 2006 9:35 AM PST
In reply to: Boortz is off base...

Gore is whacked. How many of the 9/11 hijackers were in this country on ''student visas'' without really studying anything? And how many had overstayed their visas? Even the 9/11 Commission concluded we need to change that policy and enforcement. Now Gore suggests that we are playing into al Quaeda's hands by enforcing our visa laws and/or tightening up who we let in the country? If we had done that pre-9/11, we might not even have that infamous date Sad

A caller to a talk show I heard today, made a good point. This was seditious behavior. In a time of war, this man went to the ''house'' of a supposed ally (of questionable loyalty) and essentially proceeded to try to turn them against us!

Hang him high IMO!

Collapse -
josh
by Mark5019 / February 13, 2006 5:51 AM PST

i saw where he said what gore said in article about rounding up

but you and i hardly will agree.

were better off with a president who will protect us not sell us out

Collapse -
As I am positive you realize...
by EdH / February 13, 2006 6:32 AM PST

that is Boortz's opinion. I don't necessarily agree with it but it does seem that way sometimes reading and listening to liberals.

Anyway, one doesn't need bombast to see that Gore is simply ridiculous.

Collapse -
When it comes to sucking up to the Saudis.....
by Josh K / February 13, 2006 6:52 AM PST

.....Gore isn't even in the same league as George H.W. Bush.

Collapse -
or jimmy the president
by Mark5019 / February 13, 2006 6:57 AM PST

who could have stopped this in the bud.
but he had no balls to go into iran show them what happens when you mess with us.

when they held those hostages he talked to them tried to make nice.

what he should have said if you dont release them in 24 hrs we will take action and followed threw with it.

yes they prb have killed the hostages as there such a nice people.
jimmy carter screwed it up

Collapse -
Holy flying pigs, I actually agree with you
by Josh K / February 13, 2006 10:09 PM PST
In reply to: or jimmy the president

I've said pretty much that same thing many times, that the worldwide expansion of Islamic terrorism began in 1979 when Jimmy Carter didn't react strongly enough to the hostage crisis. I think bin Laden has openly stated that this was the turning point.

But the Bush family still does have a longstanding business relationship with the Saudis.

Collapse -
Doesn't that make Gore's comments ...
by Evie / February 13, 2006 10:18 PM PST

... seem even more "out there" on this issue?

Collapse -
No
by Josh K / February 13, 2006 11:59 PM PST

Our mistreatment of prisoners has nothing to do with the Bush family's relationship with the Saudis, not that I can see.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) and thats???
by Mark5019 / February 13, 2006 11:38 PM PST
Collapse -
Google Bush Saudis business
by Josh K / February 14, 2006 12:04 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) and thats???

There are many hits to choose from. Some are admittedly left-leaning websites but as long as they source their information it should be reliable.

You may also want to Google Bush "Carlyle Group." There's some eye-opening information there too.

Collapse -
Talk about subscribing to conspiracy theories!
by Kiddpeat / February 14, 2006 12:20 AM PST

The 'Carlyle Group' sounds like the 'Trilateral Commission' and its supposed nefarious activities.

Collapse -
No, it's an actual company
by Josh K / February 14, 2006 12:47 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?