Question

Airtel WiFi connection not working on Windows Vista

I've a Airtel Broadband connection with a Beetel WiFi Router. I've installed Windows Vista on my laptop. Though the network icon in the Task Bar shows that its connected I'm not able to connect to the internet. I've tried different browsers but failed. Also I've tried to ping websites in command prompt even that is not working. Please help me with any settings to be done. The connection works absolutely fine on my brother's Dell laptop hence I'm sure that there is no problem with the Router.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Airtel WiFi connection not working on Windows Vista
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Airtel WiFi connection not working on Windows Vista
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
So you installed Vista.

What about all the other machine drivers? You didn't tell.

- Collapse -
Installed all drivers

I had lost my drivers CD which had come with the Laptop. But I logged to the Dell website and downloaded all recommended drivers and installed successfully including wireless connection drivers.

- Collapse -
Ideas.

While it's unclear about the driver install order (which matters) and there is no note about WEP (which can do exactly as you wrote HINT? use WPA) my thought here is to try ethernet and another wifi adapter.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: connected

Can you tell 3 things:
1. What the router management page tells you about the laptop being connected.
2. What ipconfig on the laptop tells you about its own IP-address, the gateway and the DNS-server?
3. If you put in the right protocol and password when setting up the wireless connection?

Kees

- Collapse -
Not able to log into Router Management page

I've not been able to log into the router management page. I don't know what's wrong but its not accepting the default Username and password. I don't even know if somebody has changed it. I don't want to reset it just in case something goes wrong.
I checked the IP address by going to Command prompt and tried to ping the same and it returned successful. But when I tried to ping yahoo or google it fails.
Can you tell me of any tweaks to log in to router page? Or help me with a detailed solution other than this?

CNET Forums