General discussion

Air travel and baggy pants

Think twice about boarding an airplane with baggy pants. Maybe, its the youthful or gangster fashion, but it doesn't matter when your BVD's are showing too. So.....

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Air travel and baggy pants
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Air travel and baggy pants
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Never could figure out that fashion style

But, when I was a kid, boy's athletic shorts were as short as today's hot pants for girls. Maybe the guy wouldn't have been such a distraction if he dressed more like Steve Urkel

Happy

- Collapse -
re:Air travel and baggy pants

It does not matter what race you are,
You don`t have the right to let everything under your pants show and then mouth back at the flight crew because you are asked to pull up your pants and then when the police come to arrest you,
you accuse the police of racial abuse .

- Collapse -
Who did that then?

"you accuse the police of racial abuse". Who did?

Mark

- Collapse -
The article mentioned the racial aspect

From the link;

"Marman's mother told the San Francisco Chronicle that her son was in "an
emotionally raw state" after attending the funeral of a recently
murdered high school friend on Tuesday, and was targeted by authorities
"because of the way he looks - young black man with dreads and baggy
pants."

Underline is mine. That's the race card without using the word "racial". It's all too common.

- Collapse -
Ahh I see.

So no-one here played the race card.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Mark

- Collapse -
I wonder if he dropped his drawers

BECAUSE of the funeral?

Did he wear them like that BEFORE his friends death?

Sounds like his mother is playing every card in the deck.

Those guys that wear their pants around their knees can run pretty fast, I don't know how they do it. Happy

- Collapse -
But, Kawnoski....

It doesn't matter, he got on the plane. Because, if he was a threat then boarding the plane should have never happened. Asking to pull up pants and no complacence, then before boarding the plane, why did he get so far. In that regard, security failed. Then they seemed to pile on the charges all because of a pants issue. -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
You're right....that would have been better

but I suppose it would have needed some precedence or direction in the training of airline personnel as to what specifically is considered improper dress. Bad fashion taste might not have included in the training so the employee was left scratching his head while the passenger boarded the plane. What to do...what to do?

- Collapse -
The charges...

The charges were suspicion of trespassing, battery and resisting arrest. After 15 minutes he refused to leave the plane, so I guess that is where the trespassing comes in. Battery would seem to mean that he struck someone, but the stories I saw didn't specifically say who was battered. Also, he had an outstanding warrant from Santa Clara County on a marijuana possession charge.

- Collapse -
Re: Air travel and baggy pants

It took 15 to 20 minutes of talking to get him to leave the plane, and
he was arrested for trespassing," San Francisco Police Sgt. Michael
Rodriguez tells the Chronicle, which adds "Marman allegedly resisted officers as he was being led away.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove advertisement links on 09/09/2011 at 2:29 PM PT

CNET Forums