Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Ahmadinejad, just wondering.....

by jonah jones / September 23, 2007 9:37 PM PDT

does he need a visa to enter the USA?

do kings, emperors, presidents etc. need visas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ahmadinejad, just wondering.....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ahmadinejad, just wondering.....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not the best link, but
by Steven Haninger / September 23, 2007 9:44 PM PDT
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1898559/posts

this suggests he has one. I also wonder if he's allowed to bring his own personal armed bodyguards or do we provide them? If he can bring his own, what about weapons permits? He seems to be a bold and defiant fellow claiming that Americans want to hear what he has to say. He's never asked me if I care. Happy
Collapse -
I personally look forward to his talks at Columbia.
by grimgraphix / September 23, 2007 10:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Not the best link, but

I hope the students act with respect and proper decorum... and allow the fellow to prove to the world once again, that he is a raving ideologue.

Collapse -
Ideologue might be quite PC
by Steven Haninger / September 23, 2007 10:27 PM PDT

but hardly fits what's been reported of this man whose comments to the same questions vary so my by audience. If he gave the same speeches in the same tone Tehran that he does here, you might have a point. We've learned that, in the culture of the people he represents deceit is not only justified but is expected when dealing with "infidels". We may as well consider him to be stuck on "opposite day" once he arrives here. Happy

Collapse -
He might grin a lot.
by Angeline Booher / September 24, 2007 12:02 AM PDT

I watched an extensive interview of him by Christiane Amanour. She pressed him for answers, most of which brought rhetoric. But he grinned throughout.

What I don't want to see are non-peaceful protesters. I want his plane to fly over the Statue of Liberty. I want him to see the diversity of New Yorkers living free.

It's only a guess, but this appearance might be televised in the Middle East. I think what they see could speak volumes re: the USA.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
H'mmmm
by Mac McMullen / September 24, 2007 2:43 AM PDT
In reply to: He might grin a lot.

Re:".....but this appearance might be televised in the Middle East. I think what they see could speak volumes re: the USA."

From what we're fed by the media, it appears to me that the only recognized response to be "positive" by middle easterners would be thousands assembled in the streets protesting.

Collapse -
it's the big news here on all channels
by jonah jones / September 24, 2007 5:09 AM PDT
In reply to: H'mmmm

one interesting point just made was that if the news focuses on the Columbia demonstration (and presumably further demonstrations at the UN and ground Zero) and not on Ahmadinejad and what he says, he might just be back home before anyone realises

Collapse -
Methinks he is sorry he came. :-)
by Angeline Booher / September 24, 2007 5:24 AM PDT

The Columbia President, Lee Bollinger, gave a blistering introduction. He enumerated the many, shall I say, "downsides" of the Iranianis "rule", and anticipated what he would say in his speech. He challenged him to give answers on many points.

The highlight was when Ahmadinejad said Iran did not have homosexuals. The audience broke out in laughter.

Bollinger had also challenged him on the Holocaust denial statement. Ahmadinejad backed down a tad by saying that needed "more research."

Not a good afternoon for him. I suspect he thought he would "wow" the audience with his message.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
(NT) we can hope he gets mugged:)
by jimandjerry / September 24, 2007 6:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
The only reason Iran may have no homosexuals
by dirtyrich / September 24, 2007 8:09 AM PDT

is because the government has executed them all.

I have to give props to most of the people at Columbia. I had been fearing the worst, but they showed that despite any problems they might have with our own government that they can still recognize one that is far worst.

Now if only more would develop that attitude...

Collapse -
Ignored it.
by EdH / September 24, 2007 8:31 AM PDT

What's the point? We know what we're gonna get from this guy, don't we? I have a low tolerance for lies and gibberish. Way too much time and effort was wasted on this charade IMHO.

He's not even entertaining. If you want some real fun insane demagoguery watch or listen to Castro rant for a while. Gonna miss him (soon I hope) Ahmadinejad is an amateur in comparison. He's not even the real power in Iran.

Collapse -
And note how he didn't really answer most questions,
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / September 24, 2007 10:45 PM PDT

Angeline. For example, when asked whether his government sponsored terrorists, he said (as best I recall) "we don't need to sponsor terrorists; we've been the victims of terrorism ourselves." That's hardly a firm "no," is it?! His response to a requested yes/no answer as to whether he still wanting the destruction of the Jewish State of Israel was similarly evasive, asking if the plight of the Palestinians wasn't a major world problem ("yes or no? ")

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
anderson cooper intervied
by jimandjerry / September 24, 2007 10:52 PM PDT

several people about this killer, and he said he did what most of his kind do when asked a question is to ask a question back

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.