Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Mugabe to address Copenhagen...

by EdHannigan / December 12, 2009 9:45 AM PST

Renowned research scientists all three.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/30511.html

COPENHAGEN ?Iranian Prime Minister Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe plan to address negotiators at international climate talks in Copenhagen next week.

The three leaders are listed in a line-up of more than 180 government officials published in a United Nations schedule of speakers. Each head of state will have up to three minutes to address roughly 700 delegates, reporter, observers and civil society groups.

The assistant president of Sudan, Nafie Ali Nafie kicks off the speeches at noon on Wednesday.

Nafie chairs the G-77 group, a block of developing nations pushing hard for more money and stricter emissions cuts from rich countries.

Yep! Pushing hard for more money.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Mugabe to address Copenhagen...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Mugabe to address Copenhagen...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I guess no one cares about this huge scam...
by EdHannigan / December 12, 2009 10:04 PM PST

they'd rather argue about throwing tomatoes.

Too bad. You'll be paying for the fraud soon enough.

Collapse -
One post deleted. This sub-thread is closed
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 13, 2009 6:56 PM PST

I deleted the all-too-expected response, and am closing this sub-thread. It serves no purpose to the topic and will only generate more useless responses.

Mark

Collapse -
I'm all for free speech
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 12, 2009 11:28 PM PST

It's just a shame that Mugabe and Ahmadinejad don't practice the same in their own countries. I don't know about Chavez, although I suspect he's the same.

Mark

Collapse -
He's shut down opposition radio stations ....
by EdHannigan / December 13, 2009 8:48 PM PST

and jailed outspoken opponents, so no, he's no friend of free speech.

Collapse -
On the flip side....
by Angeline Booher / December 13, 2009 10:43 PM PST

Dictators/despots of their ilk have such super-inflated egos and mediocre IQs they can't help letting their true colors shine through when they open their mouths.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
There's hope
by James Denison / December 19, 2009 4:18 AM PST
In reply to: On the flip side....

Chavez is trying to start a war with Colombia. Who do you think will win? I doubt it would be Chavez.

Collapse -
Chavez brings down the house at Copenhagen
by EdHannigan / December 16, 2009 11:35 AM PST
Collapse -
NO! don't kill him.
by James Denison / December 19, 2009 4:01 AM PST

I've not had such an interesting communist around to watch since the days of Kruschev! We've all had to go through a long dry spell since the amusing antics of Baghdad Bob ended. Now we have Hugo Chavez to laugh at.

Collapse -
The whole sorry freak show has collapsed..
by EdHannigan / December 18, 2009 7:32 AM PST

into a pile of rubble. Good!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580584,00.html

"I'm leaving," said Yousef Diakite, a representative from the Pan-African Parliament. "I'm unhappy, disappointed, not glad. Everyone was waiting for Copenhagen. This was our chance. And today it is over."

I guess the world is DOOMED now!

Boo hoo hoo.

Collapse -
I guess the world is DOOMED now!
by JP Bill / December 18, 2009 9:11 PM PST
Collapse -
I guess all the third world....
by James Denison / December 19, 2009 4:04 AM PST

...ticks didn't find enough blood to suck being offered from the richer nations. Oh well, they'll have to come up with a better scam, or just do some honest begging again.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!