Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Ah those fair play lovin' Democrats

Protestors Ransack Bush/Cheney Headquarters In Orlando

A group of protestors stormed and then ransacked a Bush-Cheney headquarters building in Orlando, Fla., Tuesday, according to Local 6 News.
Local 6 News reported that several people from the group of 100 Orlando protestors face possible assault charges after the group forced their way inside the Republican headquarters office.

While in the building, some of the protestors drew horns and a mustache on a poster of President George W. Bush and poured piles of letters in the office, according to the report....

Shots fired at Knoxville Bush-Cheney office; no one hurt

Gunshots shattered the plate-glass front doors of a local Bush-Cheney campaign headquarters Tuesday morning before volunteers reported to work.

"For someone to use that level of violence to try to make a political point, it is just a shock," said Chad Tindell, Knox County Republican chairman.

Police believe someone pulled up to the Kingston Pike Shopping Center storefront of Bush-Cheney Victory 2004, the state GOP's grass-roots support organization, between 6:45 and 7:15 a.m. ET and began firing.

No one was inside and no one was injured....

Laptops stolen from Bush campaign office

Three laptop computers containing campaign plans were stolen overnight from the Bush-Cheney state headquarters office, Republican officials said Friday.

Between 2 a.m. and 8 a.m., after the last campaign worker had gone home from the office in the Seattle suburb of Bellevue, someone threw a rock through the office window of Jon Seaton, executive director for President Bush's state campaign, said Chris Vance, state GOP chairman....

Well it's not as if they just broke a window and pasted a bumper sticker now is it Wink Actually, I recognize that this is but a compilation of a few isolated incidents, but heck we can't dissappoint the Dems that the Republicans can outdo them in something huh?

Evie Happy
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ah those fair play lovin' Democrats
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ah those fair play lovin' Democrats
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
They're fighting those fascist republicans, so everything

In reply to: Ah those fair play lovin' Democrats

is justified. Even fascist tactics by goons.

Collapse -
Well - here's John Kerry's debate podium

In reply to: They're fighting those fascist republicans, so everything

Collapse -
I just knew I had seen John Kerry before

In reply to: Well - here's John Kerry's debate podium

Collapse -
Steve!

In reply to: I just knew I had seen John Kerry before

These are really worthy of their own thread Happy Especially that debate podium. Hilarious!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
I think you are right Evie, especially

In reply to: Steve!

the U.N connection Happy
Sorry about my links being a bit off track - I just wanted to give you a bit of a giggle Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You succeeded :-)

In reply to: I think you are right Evie, especially

Collapse -
Whatever happened in the Sandy Berger affair?

In reply to: Well - here's John Kerry's debate podium

It just blipped right off the radar screen. Who says the Dems don't 'guide' the press?

Collapse -
Re: Whatever happened in the Sandy Berger affair?

In reply to: Whatever happened in the Sandy Berger affair?

Collapse -
Watergate was nothing compared to this!

It's outrageous. Here on local news they've shown Bush-Cheney signs that have been attacked. One man has a sign over his fence facing a major roadway that was vandalized, set on fire and part of his fence, bushes, and backyard were burned. Now he lays down the sign each night and has erected spotlights over his whole backyard. The police have caught 3 suspects "in the act" at another location. I'll see if I can find a link. I suspect this type of activity is going on all over the place. It's like the Democrats have unleashed a horde of union thugs to force their way on people.

Collapse -
Democrats Vandalizing Republican Signs

In reply to: Watergate was nothing compared to this!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1224182/posts

Have you ever noticed as you drive the roads and highways how many Kerry for President bumper stickers there are in comparison to Bush for President stickers?

I have. And we all know why that is.

Let?s face it, everyone liberal and conservative alike understands the reason why. It?s the same reason that conservative newspapers on college campuses are much more likely to be stolen than are liberal papers.

It?s the same reason conservative yard signs are more likely to be uprooted from the ground than are liberal signs. A young girl can have a conservative placard ripped out of her hands and torn to shreds, where I doubt if we?d see the same happen to a young girl carrying a liberal sign.

It?s also the same reason conservatives are more likely to be vilified, castigated, ridiculed, and even have their lives threatened much more often than are liberals.

The reason we see all these Kerry for President stickers in far greater numbers is obvious liberals know, that for all their conservatives want to poison the water and kill grandma rhetoric, they actually feel quite safe around conservatives.
more at the link above

================================================
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1233242/posts

The political season has turned ugly in Howard County, Maryland, with an Ellicott City homeowner reporting a late-night fire that burned two Republican campaign signs in his back yard.

In addition, local Republicans say scores of other campaign signs have been destroyed or vandalized in the past couple of weeks, most of them along major highways.

"It's absolutely outrageous," said Howard Rensin, chairman of the county Republican Party. He said about $1,500 worth of GOP signs have been destroyed.

....Over the weekend, county police conducted a surveillance operation prompted by the spate of sign destruction. On Sept. 25, police spotted a man on Route 40 cutting down with a power tool a sign urging voters to re-elect President George W. Bush and Vice President **** Cheney.

Police arrested Corey Robert Cooke, 33, of Ellicott City and charged him with destruction of property.

The most dramatic incident so far involved the burning of the 4-foot-by-8-foot Bush-Cheney sign and a smaller sign endorsing U.S. Senate candidate E.J. Pipkin in Ellicott City.

"I saw a big flame outside my window," McQuarrie said. He rushed to fight the fire with a hose, then county firefighters arrived to help. The fire also burned part of his yard fence and a nearby pile of wood, McQuarrie said.
more at the link above
Collapse -
They've arrested a husband-wife vandal team.

Who knows? Maybe they WEREN'T Democrats. Sure weren't Republicans.

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/politics/3784114/detail.html

Howard County police have arrested a husband and wife for the destruction of a political sign in Ellicott City.

Police said Peter Lizon, 30 and Stephanie Louise Lizon, 34, both of Randallstown, were charged with destruction of property. Police observed them cutting down a Bush-Cheney sign on U.S. Route 40 during a surveillance operation over the weekend.

Collapse -
Wrong

Watergate was engineered by the White House itself. That makes it a LOT worse.

Collapse -
Prove it. You're wrong.

In reply to: Wrong

The break-in had nothing to do with the White House. Any White House involvement was after the fact. For some of this vandalism to be spontaneous, you sure have to overlook how often much of it seems an organized effort.

Collapse -
Re: Prove it. You're wrong.

In reply to: Prove it. You're wrong.

I suggest you review the history. The break-in was planned from within the White House. Haldeman and Ehrlichman were two of the plotters who thought it up.

Collapse -
Reviewed, and Yep, You're Wrong!

In reply to: Re: Prove it. You're wrong.

It's too bad for you that no matter how many liberal, Democratic, left leaning, biased authors write about the break-in, not a single one of them has conclusive proof that the White House had anything to do with planning it, only in worrying it might APPEAR that way and then became involved in trying to cover it up. If Nixon had just brought it all out then and pushed for the burglars prosecution, the whole thing would have ended with those particular ones in jail and that would have been the end of it. Instead, realizing how the Democrats would then poop and piss forever and a day about it, spinning their web of lies, they tried to keep it quiet. The worst part of the whole affair other than Nixon having to resign, was seeing that treasonous jerk Daniel Ellsberg escape justice for his crimes of spying against the United States of America. I was happy to see that liar John Dean had a really crappy career following his being a pawn for the Democrats.

http://www.fact-index.com/w/wa/watergate_scandal.html

How much involvement the leading figures in the White House, such as Attorney General John Mitchell, chief of staff, H. R. ?Bob? Haldeman, leading aides, Charles Colson and John Ehrlichman, and Nixon, himself, in planning these events is still the subject of dispute.

Collapse -
Aw c'mon, James, reprint the ENTIRE paragraph

In reply to: Reviewed, and Yep, You're Wrong!

Here's the rest:

Mitchell, as the head of CREEP, along with campaign manager Jeb Stuart Magruder and Fred LaRue, approved Hunt and Liddy?s espionage plans, including the break-in, but whether it went above them is unclear. Magruder, for instance, provided a number of different accounts, including having overheard Nixon order Mitchell to conduct the break-in in order to gather intelligence about the activities of Larry O'Brien, the director of the Democratic Campaign Committee.

The plot was hatched from within the White House, just as I (and your link) said.

Collapse -
Dear, dear Josh, you are mistaken yet again.

In reply to: Aw c'mon, James, reprint the ENTIRE paragraph

http://www.usdoj.gov/contact-us.html

The Attorney General's office is at the Department of Justice. Even the excerpt you provided, shows that any plot that might have been initially hatched for the break-in was most likely limited to John Mitchell or below and such "hatching" done at the DOJ, not the White House, as you erroneously stated.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Sent that page to many others to read too.

In reply to: Milwaukee too

Collapse -
Anybody engaging in such behavior....

...REGARDLESS OF PARTY, should be ashamed of themselves and ashamed of how it's making their party look.

Ironic though about the gunshots, huh. I wonder whether the people who fired those gunshots also claim to support gun control?

None of this stuff appears to be part of any organized effort; just a bunch of idiots taking things into their own hands.

Collapse -
**just a bunch of idiots**

In reply to: Anybody engaging in such behavior....

IMO, that phrase sums it up quite nicely, Josh.

Collapse -
Re: fair play lovin' Democrats -- 'sign' of the times :-(

Collapse -
Re: fair play lovin' Democrats -- 'sign' of the times :-(

In reply to: Re: fair play lovin' Democrats -- 'sign' of the times :-(

A bit hard to be a uniter when starting Nov 3 2000 every day someone accuses him of being appointed to the presidency.

Every day someone talks about how the Republicans stole the election.

Every day someone talks about how he didn't win.

How much uniting can you do with people throwing mudpies at you nonstop?

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.