General discussion

After restart clicking on any icon does not work.

My system is windows 7 core i7 6 gig of ram Windows Home Premium and I have just reinstall my system using the recovery disk copy from the system and it is an HP model. Everytime after restart the system seem to hang but what puzzle me is that the wallpaper can change every 10 min as set by me, but when I click on any icon or even the start menu it also don't work until I ctrl+alt+del and when the start Task Manger come up and I click on it and when it open I just close it and everything works find. So can sime one help me to resolve this problem and thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: After restart clicking on any icon does not work.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: After restart clicking on any icon does not work.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
As a test. run RKILL
- Collapse -
Run RKILL and found nothing

I did the above and it did not find and nasty and anyway thanks for your help. Anyway I can still use my computer as it boot up fine only I need to click ctrl+alt+del and when this appear I just cancel it and everything works fine.
pf6682

- Collapse -
Not much to work with.

After the quick test I noted, you get to scan with the other tools/scans and see if you find something.

However if there was more story such as "this happened after I installed the Youtube downloader" then we would think that had something to do with it.
Bob

CNET Forums