General discussion

After reinstalling windows all partitions disappered

I reinstalled Windows Xp on a computer w/ 2 drives. I took one out for the reinstall and after it was up and running I plugged the other back in and swapped the files out of the second to the main drive so thatit could be repartitioned all partitions on both drives become unaccesable. Reran the install from CD and still it only seen the 5meg that the system keeps. It was a 60 gig.
Anybody have any idea why this happened?
I got the files back by hooking the drive to another set up and useing a program called partition find and mount. It is a excelent free program

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: After reinstalling windows all partitions disappered
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: After reinstalling windows all partitions disappered
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
On a clone or big box PC ? Was it an OEM version of WinXP

or one from a Big Box Mfg ?

- Collapse -
my problem child

it's system max box running a amd 200xp processor, not sure about the version of win it was on a burnt cd. I'mmthinking that the cd is corupt or something. I had both drives in my box last night and for some reason the one 60 only shows 33 gig and the other one wont let me install anything on it. I'm at a loss right now.

CNET Forums