HolidayBuyer's Guide

Storage forum

General discussion

After Instaling A Maxtor One Touch 4 Plus I have issues

by islandporgy / March 13, 2008 8:58 AM PDT

After Instaling A Maxtor One Touch 4 Plus 750 And The Software I have issues.
I had to reset my folders they were not set up the way I had them, (When I go to open any off my drives the search pannel comes up on the left) I use to open my drives and go to my items, how can I change that back to when I open the drives it will go to the items and so I do not have to seach for them.

So far A nightmare with this drive I got today.

Thank You for Any Help:

Wendell H

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: After Instaling A Maxtor One Touch 4 Plus I have issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: After Instaling A Maxtor One Touch 4 Plus I have issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Are you writing about Explorer?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2008 9:19 AM PDT
Collapse -
Did not work
by islandporgy / March 13, 2008 10:09 AM PDT

All the rest off my main Folder or OK My Documents, My Network, control Pannel.
When I go to open one off the internal or external Drives even C drive it opens onother folder, instead off using The My computer folder to open one off the drives.
What is wrong has somthing to do with the My Computer folder even though what happened made changes to my other folder that I already corrected.

Wendell H

Collapse -
Thank You
by islandporgy / March 13, 2008 10:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Try this issue.

Thank very much I got it. I also uninstalled the software for my Maxtor one touch 4 750 I do not need all that extra features I just need a external drive. It took me 4 hours to transfer My Downloaded Movies from one my first external to the new external. And I saw and extra set off Movies and I deleted them and then I did not see the first set. I have to start all over again.

Thank You Very Much:

Wendell H

Collapse -
Thanks for
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2008 10:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Thank You

Sticking with it. I didn't quite see your issue the first time. So when you tried it and said "nope" I thought of the other issue.

Best of luck,
Bob

Collapse -
Thought I Was Done
by islandporgy / March 13, 2008 2:50 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks for

I can not save Files anymore or make changes, I click Save as and what ever I am trying to save disapears with out making the change.
I start a new Document and I can not save it.

That software I installed sure did a # on my computer I would like to get it fixed instead of reinstalling Windows which use to be my first option.

Help Please:

Wendell H

Collapse -
For that my first thoughts are
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2008 11:48 PM PDT
In reply to: Thought I Was Done

1. Use system restore.
2. Make a new post in the OS Forum that matches yours.

Hope this helped.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.