General discussion

After battery runs out - laptop doesnt wake up properly

Hi,
I have a problem with my HP G61 Laptop. If the battery gets too low and my computer puts itself to sleep when i plug it back in and return power to it the screen is covered with an assorted array of colours and what looks like white noise on a television. certain parts of the screen will move to different areas and i have to turn the computer off then back on to rid this problem? when i sleep my computer normally and wake it up there isnt a problem this only happens when the battery gets to low and it automaticly sleeps, it just worries me that one day it will happen and i will loose some important work because of it! The laptop is under a year old so i guess i still have warranty if you think it is a hardware fault?

It has a ****** intel graphics chip as i'm not a gamer or anything i just use photoshop and illustrator, i'm guessing this could be something to do with the problem - driver update maybe?

i can try and get some screen shots up when my battery runs out!

Any help would be massively appreciated!
Cheers - Edd

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: After battery runs out - laptop doesnt wake up properly
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: After battery runs out - laptop doesnt wake up properly
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
So what happens when.

Odd things like that happen during sleep. While we could discuss how things should work perfectly the fact is that the battery ran low during sleep and it is not reasonable to expect nothing less than a full reboot to recover.

So my question is. Does a reboot clear it up?

About losing work. If you don't save your work prior to sleep I apologize about my thoughts there. You took the chance and may lose work. For me I save my files and exit apps before sleep or hibernation. Why I do that is simple and hopefully you can understand why.

(of course we restore the AC power first.)
Bob

- Collapse -
Sorted

All sorted - updated my intel graphics drivers and don't get the problem anymore. sweet.

CNET Forums

Forum Info