General discussion

After 10 years of supporting Outlook 97-2003..I now have to

..support Lotus Notes 5.

What are the differences where folders are kept?
Does Lotus Notes have a calendar that I would have to figure out as well?
Are there such things such as "pst's" "personal distribution lists".

I'm upset!

Thank you.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: After 10 years of supporting Outlook 97-2003..I now have to
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: After 10 years of supporting Outlook 97-2003..I now have to
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try...

the page HERE. Join the forum.

- Collapse -
Thank you..

Thank you Papa! That is where I need to start.

Stazi..if you can't see the difference between someone asking to do their homework and someone inquiring about two different products then you may want to reconsider further education.

I asked a simple question about differences between software products. Please try to keep up.

- Collapse -
Indeed

And that is the equivalent of someone's homework. It is a function of YOUR job. YOU should know how to find this information, and shouldn't expect others to do it for you. If you can't, maybe it's time for a new career.

For example... In the time you've spent here, you could have used Google to find the answer, or even poked around a system with Lotus Notes installed and figured it out for yourself. Instead, you choose to ask others to do part of your job for you, and that's not fair to you or anyone else.

If you said you had tried searching Google and looking around on a system with Lotus Notes installed, I probably wouldn't have said a thing. Instead, the first thing out of your mouth, so to speak, is to ask someone to just hand you information. If you are unable to obtain such basic information on your own, how do you ever hope to be able to help others who have problems with this program and come looking to you for help?

- Collapse -
if you were able to stasi your thoughts.....
you might think twice before insulting people....

- Collapse -
For yewanchors, aka thought_stazi

You've been doing reasonably well for a while now whatever guise you are using.

Don't let it slip or you will find yourself banned and having to continuously re-register with other usernames again.

Mark

- Collapse -
First of all...

If you run a message board by taking your friend's side and not hearing the other person's side then by all means ban me. How dare you accuse me of posting already. That was my first post and you say nothing to Stasi. If I were him I would have said "have you tried using Google?"

Again, I don't need to be a part of a board that picks and chooses how to treat people.

- Collapse -
Mark I am so sorry.

I thought your last post was to me. I didn't realize you weren't taking sides at all..um, never mind. I love you!

OOOOoooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

- Collapse -
lol! ladys and gentleman, we have a winner

it's CandiApple with a ''booboo'' in four(posts)....Happy

welcome to mayhem CandiApple Happy

jonah

- Collapse -
LOL

Ahhh, Candi, I'm sorry I should have made my post much clearer.

Yes it was aimed at thought_stazi but re-reading it I should have spelt out ''also known as'' instead of using aka. Such abreviations are always dangerous, even when English is someone's first language.

You need not apologise, Happy

Mark

- Collapse -
Thanks Mark...

As I said I am new to this board and I was just following the thread..I'll get it one day, I promise!

- Collapse -
Thought-stazi

You immediately chastised the poster....and yet you yourself made the assumption WITHOUT ASKING HER that she never bothered to research on her own. Your argumentative excuses for rude behavior isn't justified nor welcomed.

TONI

- Collapse -
Stazi..since you asked...

Stasi..thank you for welcoming me to the board in a highly mature and eloquent fashion.

<<If you said you had tried searching Google and looking around on a system with Lotus Notes installed, I probably wouldn't have said a thing>>

If you are in the technical field then you would know that that is a given.

<<Instead, the first thing out of your mouth, so to speak, is to ask someone to just hand you information>>.

Nope, I asked 3 questions that I was unsure of.

I have been on Technet, Dominos and private tech boards.

<<If you are unable to obtain such basic information on your own, how do you ever hope to be able to help others who have problems with this program and come looking to you for help?>>

If this isn't a message board seeking help then I must be on the wrong board. Is your "back" button not working? You could have easily backed out of my post and spent the time scolding me actually helping someone in need.

Again, thank you for such a warm welcome!

CNET Forums