Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

After 10 years of supporting Outlook 97-2003..I now have to

by CandiApple / November 23, 2005 1:29 PM PST

..support Lotus Notes 5.

What are the differences where folders are kept?
Does Lotus Notes have a calendar that I would have to figure out as well?
Are there such things such as "pst's" "personal distribution lists".

I'm upset!

Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: After 10 years of supporting Outlook 97-2003..I now have to
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: After 10 years of supporting Outlook 97-2003..I now have to
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try...
by Papa Echo / November 23, 2005 9:23 PM PST

the page HERE. Join the forum.

Collapse -
Thank you..
by CandiApple / November 23, 2005 11:23 PM PST

Thank you Papa! That is where I need to start.

Stazi..if you can't see the difference between someone asking to do their homework and someone inquiring about two different products then you may want to reconsider further education.

I asked a simple question about differences between software products. Please try to keep up.

Collapse -
Indeed
by thought_stazi / November 24, 2005 2:19 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you..

And that is the equivalent of someone's homework. It is a function of YOUR job. YOU should know how to find this information, and shouldn't expect others to do it for you. If you can't, maybe it's time for a new career.

For example... In the time you've spent here, you could have used Google to find the answer, or even poked around a system with Lotus Notes installed and figured it out for yourself. Instead, you choose to ask others to do part of your job for you, and that's not fair to you or anyone else.

If you said you had tried searching Google and looking around on a system with Lotus Notes installed, I probably wouldn't have said a thing. Instead, the first thing out of your mouth, so to speak, is to ask someone to just hand you information. If you are unable to obtain such basic information on your own, how do you ever hope to be able to help others who have problems with this program and come looking to you for help?

Collapse -
if you were able to stasi your thoughts.....
by jonah jones / November 24, 2005 2:24 AM PST
In reply to: Indeed
you might think twice before insulting people....

Collapse -
For yewanchors, aka thought_stazi
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 24, 2005 3:18 AM PST

You've been doing reasonably well for a while now whatever guise you are using.

Don't let it slip or you will find yourself banned and having to continuously re-register with other usernames again.

Mark

Collapse -
First of all...
by CandiApple / November 24, 2005 3:50 AM PST

If you run a message board by taking your friend's side and not hearing the other person's side then by all means ban me. How dare you accuse me of posting already. That was my first post and you say nothing to Stasi. If I were him I would have said "have you tried using Google?"

Again, I don't need to be a part of a board that picks and chooses how to treat people.

Collapse -
Mark I am so sorry.
by CandiApple / November 24, 2005 3:52 AM PST
In reply to: First of all...

I thought your last post was to me. I didn't realize you weren't taking sides at all..um, never mind. I love you!

OOOOoooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Collapse -
lol! ladys and gentleman, we have a winner
by jonah jones / November 24, 2005 4:05 AM PST
In reply to: Mark I am so sorry.

it's CandiApple with a ''booboo'' in four(posts)....:-)

welcome to mayhem CandiApple Happy

jonah

Collapse -
LOL
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 24, 2005 4:18 AM PST
In reply to: Mark I am so sorry.

Ahhh, Candi, I'm sorry I should have made my post much clearer.

Yes it was aimed at thought_stazi but re-reading it I should have spelt out ''also known as'' instead of using aka. Such abreviations are always dangerous, even when English is someone's first language.

You need not apologise, Happy

Mark

Collapse -
Thanks Mark...
by CandiApple / November 24, 2005 4:29 AM PST
In reply to: LOL

As I said I am new to this board and I was just following the thread..I'll get it one day, I promise!

Collapse -
Thought-stazi
by TONI H / November 24, 2005 4:09 AM PST

You immediately chastised the poster....and yet you yourself made the assumption WITHOUT ASKING HER that she never bothered to research on her own. Your argumentative excuses for rude behavior isn't justified nor welcomed.

TONI

Collapse -
Stazi..since you asked...
by CandiApple / November 24, 2005 4:40 AM PST
In reply to: Thought-stazi

Stasi..thank you for welcoming me to the board in a highly mature and eloquent fashion.

<<If you said you had tried searching Google and looking around on a system with Lotus Notes installed, I probably wouldn't have said a thing>>

If you are in the technical field then you would know that that is a given.

<<Instead, the first thing out of your mouth, so to speak, is to ask someone to just hand you information>>.

Nope, I asked 3 questions that I was unsure of.

I have been on Technet, Dominos and private tech boards.

<<If you are unable to obtain such basic information on your own, how do you ever hope to be able to help others who have problems with this program and come looking to you for help?>>

If this isn't a message board seeking help then I must be on the wrong board. Is your "back" button not working? You could have easily backed out of my post and spent the time scolding me actually helping someone in need.

Again, thank you for such a warm welcome!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?