Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

affected by a virus

3 days ago, i opened a link that contains a virus by mistake, i got 2 viruses trojan z.lop and the second one is cyberlog x. i installed the Norton antivirus after that, and it removed all the viruses, but the inernet explorer is still not working. i tried to reset the internet explorer setting (this is the only thing i know and it didnt work), and i dont know what to do. especially that i cannot access internet on my computer any more, since i dont have any other programs like firefox or any others.
I have a Toshiba Laptob, and i have WINDOWS VISTA.

and please when u r trying to help me, keep in mind that i have no internet any more on my computer, so i cannot download directly to it. so i m looking to information on other computer and then try to apply on mine.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: affected by a virus
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: affected by a virus
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
small explanation

In reply to: affected by a virus

I still have internet explorer, but its more than slow, so i was never successful in going to internet since then. the only thing that opens is the yahoo messenger, but the msn messenger doesnt.

Collapse -
You could do the following.....

In reply to: affected by a virus

Please use a friend's or family member's computer and download the Malwarebytes tool and it's manual update from the link below.. Once downloaded, rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file to something else like "Your Name.exe", then copy the installer file and the update file to a CD or flash drive.. Transfer the file to the problem machine, then install the "Your Name.exe" file, then run the update to get the program current.. After that, run a full system scan and delete anything it finds.

Malwarebytes Download Link (Clicking on the links below will immediately start the download dialogue window.)
http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe

Malwarebytes Manual Updater link
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

SuperAntispyware Manual Updater
http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html

Collapse -
if u can explain plz

In reply to: You could do the following.....

I am sorry Marianne, but if u can please explin this to me:
{ Transfer the file to the problem machine}, what do u mean by problem machine

Collapse -
what about Norton

In reply to: if u can explain plz

should i delete Norton antivirus before, or this scan will work even if Norton is there

Collapse -
Problem computer.....

In reply to: what about Norton

You wrote: "especially that i cannot access internet on my computer any more, since i dont have any other programs like firefox or any others.

That's why I wrote to download the tools from a friend's or a family member's computer, so you can install it on your "problem computer".

Pls. leave Norton on your computer, as it is an Anti Virus program. The MBAM and SuperAntispyware programs are both Anti Spy\Anti Malware programs.

As you run MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware, could you pls.save and post the logs after you ran them, so I can see, what was found.

Collapse -
Thanks very much Marianna

In reply to: Problem computer.....

these are the infected files that Anti malware found them

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1528
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

12/21/2008 11:01:12 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-21 (23-01-06).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 163875
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 19 minute(s), 8 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 8
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 21

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
\\?\globalroot\Device\__max++>\391EBD8D.dll (Rootkit.Zlob) -> No action taken.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3b8fb116-d358-48a3-a5c7-db84f15cbb04} (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{3b8fb116-d358-48a3-a5c7-db84f15cbb04} (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\navigator (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\navigator (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\navigator (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\webmedia.chl (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Online Alert Manager (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browser Toolbar (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\QuickTime Task (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\AV9 (Rogue.Antivirus2009) -> No action taken.

Files Infected:
\\?\globalroot\Device\__max++>\391EBD8D.dll (Rootkit.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\khaledrouk\3A3F7FDD6C77F3C0\3A3F7FDD6C77F3C0 (Rootkit.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\khaledrouk\DD72A718B653D680\DD72A718B653D680 (Rootkit.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Windows\fd.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\browseu.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\myc.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\myd.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\mym.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\myp.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\myv.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\ot.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\qttaskm.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\ts.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\khaledrouk\My Documents\My Music\My Music.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\khaledrouk\My Documents\My Pictures\My Pictures.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\khaledrouk\My Documents\My Videos\My Video.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\khaledrouk\My Documents\My Documents.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\khaledrouk\Favorites\Run Virus Scan.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Run Virus Scan.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\Run Virus Scan.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Online Spyware Test.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.

Collapse -
Unfortunately you have forgotten.........

In reply to: Thanks very much Marianna

to let MalwareBytesAntiMalware delete the infected files.

Pls. first have a look IF there is a NEW update for MBAM.

Then pls. run MBAM again and:

Back at the main Scanner screen:

* Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
* The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.

Collapse -
No, i didnt forgot :)

In reply to: Unfortunately you have forgotten.........

I already did what u are saying, and the prvious reply is the paste from the note-pad u r mentioning, then i ran the anti spyware which caught 22 tracking cookie, and 22 rogue component which i also delete, now i am runing both Norton anti-virus and super antispyware together.
and the most important thing that me and my wife would like to thank u very much for you help. Thanks a lot

Khaled and Roukaya

Collapse -
Great Job !

In reply to: No, i didnt forgot :)

You Are Very Welcome and Happy Holidays Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.