Many software titles on our site do include additional, optional third party offers, which may be presented in the Download.com Installer, and/or in individual software publishers' own installers.
All such offers must conform with our security policies prohibiting malware, and must also provide a working method to decline or opt-out of them during the download.
If you do not wish to use the Download.com Installer, you can simply click the Direct Download Link that is provided on all Installer Enabled product pages.
Read more about the Direct Download Link option here:
For more detailed information on the Download.com Installer, please visit the following resource:
Although you cannot avoid using a software publisher's own installer when downloading their program, you are never required to accept any offers they may include in order to complete a download.
That said, you will want to keep a close eye out to be sure that you see and have a chance to select the decline or opt-out option for any third party offers you do not want.
If you would like us to re-test any particular download, please send us a report by filling out the form on the following page:
In the "Description" section of the form, please be sure to include all of the following information:
1. The link to the Download.com page for the software you downloaded
2. Which specific link or button on the page you clicked to start the download
3. What operating system you are running
4. What browser and which version you used to download
5. What country you were located in at the time
6. What antivirus software you have installed, if any
7. The specific flags, warnings, or detections you saw, and/or the names of any additional programs that were installed
When you are done filling out the form, click the "Submit" button. You will receive an automated confirmation email right away, and a message from our support team will follow, usually within 24 business hours.
You can access the support contact form, and our FAQ section, by clicking the "Download Help Center" link at the very bottom of any Download.com web page (in the "More" column there). From any FAQ page, just click the "Submit a Question" link in the upper right corner to go to the contact form.