General discussion

Adware help

I am having a problem with adware on my computer. I downloaded MalwareBytes and AdAware but they don't seem to have gotten everything. The problem I am having is at random times an ad will sound on my computer. A voice will come on and say "Congratulations, you won." Everyone knows that annoying ad. No internet browsers are open when this happens. All it is, is just a sound. But after a while a random ad from the internet will pop up in Internet Explorer even though Firefox is my default browser. These ads vary and show no connection with each other. I opened up Task Manager one day to get rid of a nonresponsive internet explorer ad that had popped up, and noticed there are quite a few in there. Even though one window will be open, it shows about six or seven in the processes tab. Trying to end the process will only take care of a few as they will keep opening up in the processes tab. I did find a file however that I believe is linked to this. It is "pt54rX78.exe. I closed it, and all of the internet explorer processes went away. I did a search on the computer to find it and delete it. I found it, deleted it, however it keeps coming back somehow and keeps turning itself back on. Any help would be very appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Adware help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Adware help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info