Cameras forum

Advice required on Compact Travel Zoom

by Bencilal / January 15, 2012 5:15 PM PST

Hi All,

I am a beginner in digital camera world and I want to buy a compact travel zoom digital camera.

From the basic search I finalized my requirements as below :

1) Compact Camera ( should be able to carry in pocket )
2) Optical Zoom above 10x.
3) Full HD video support should be there.
4) Manual control.
5) Budget <= 335$.
6) Shot to Shot speed should be good.
7)Image Stabilization should be Optical with CMOS sensor preferably.

Models under consideration :
1)Sony DSC-HX9v.
2)Canon Powershot SX220 HS.
3)Canon Powershot SX230 HS.
4)Nikon Coolpix S9100 .( eliminated bcoz of freezing issues reported by many users)
5)Nikon Coolpix S8200.

Sony DSC-HX9v is not available in stores as of now.
Can you please help me to choose one ?

Please expand the list with your suggestions.
Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Advice required on Compact Travel Zoom
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Advice required on Compact Travel Zoom
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Travel Zoom
by PistonCupChampion / January 15, 2012 11:56 PM PST

Personally speaking, I would wait for the Sony. But they are all very close, with slightly different characteristics. The Canon has more manual control; in addition to full manual, it also has aperture and shutter speed priority modes, which the Sony and Nikons lack. The 220 is identical to the 230 save for the GPS.

Collapse -
Re:Advice required on Compact Travel Zoom
by Bencilal / January 16, 2012 11:35 AM PST
In reply to: Travel Zoom

Hi ,

I got a information that Sony HX9v will be back in stores by Feb-2012.So I am planning to wait patiently for one more month.
It will be a great help if somebody can confirm this news.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?