General discussion

Advice required for good LCD TV?

Hi everybody!

Planning to purchase 48 inch HD LCD TV, I thought to discuss here first before buying.

Guys suggest me some best option for good LCD under the budget of Rs 25000/- which has 1080p resolution as well.

Thanks ahead?!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Advice required for good LCD TV?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Advice required for good LCD TV?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

Buddy, either you increase your budget or reduce your TV size,
because the budget you mentioned...you can't buy a 48" LCD TV in that...!

Hope you get my point and then share your requirement here Happy .

- Collapse -

Oh really! Then I'll do one thing, i can just increase the 2-3k more but its maximum...!
I don't want to buy any tv below 40 inches...kindly recommend me in this budget only.

- Collapse -
Her's an option

After I bought a Panasonic 42" Plasma at Costco for $450, my son bought a Panasonic 50" Plasma at BB for $899. Would you consider a Plasma? Better for motion than LCD.

- Collapse -

Yes I can go for Plasma TV as well....but only if it's meet my budget requirments.

- Collapse -
Advice required for good LCD TV? - New!

i would certainly say that you need not think about budget when thinking about quality performance,
but if you are not planning to spend more, then i think you should better reduce the TV size to "32" .
i have a LG 32LK311 lcd tv which makes me confident in advicing you the same Brand.

it costs somewhere around 29,000/-INR

- Collapse -

Ok fine......Suggest me the options then under 30k.

- Collapse -
Advice required for good LCD TV
- Collapse -
Other option Plz...!

Yeah @ 1shahid_kapoor, that good but your tv is not even full HD Plain !

- Collapse -
What did you see ...

- when you went to your local shops and asked the sales people?
- when you went to your favorite webshops and used their search tools?
- when you went to your favorite product comparison sites and used their search tools?
- when you went tot the makers sites (Panasonic, LG, Samsung etc) and used their search tools?

Usually you can search on manufacturer, size, HD, price, screen type. These product searches will give you a good indication of possible options.

Kees

- Collapse -
What did you see ...

I am agreed! And I am searching as well, but if we got various reviews from someone
who already experienced or have better knowledge about a particular product,
that will really help a lot.....!

- Collapse -
Don't Need Full HD

You do not need 1080 for a 32" display. Even if you did, you should pay more attention to your own eyes than to specifications. Just because a TV has 1080 doesn't mean it is good. There are great 720 tv's, and there are bad 1080 tv's.

- Collapse -
It depends on technology too...!!

I am satisfied with your post, my brother is also using 720p tv and its good enough,
but it depends on manufacturer on what technology they are using in their full HD TVs?

I think concept of HDTV is very good & growing well.

- Collapse -
consider led tvs.....
- Collapse -
consider led tvs.....

I post you above as well about LCD tv...but two of my friends are using the LED TVs, and i own a 32 inch LCD TV at my home, but my experience says led tv is the latest lcds version and it's good....!!!!

- Collapse -
considered...!!

@ 1shahid_kapoor nice link....thanks to all for your help...!!
I've finally decided to to wait for couple of months more and then I'll buy a good LED TV.

CNET Forums