General discussion

Advice on taking my Dell Inspiration mini netbook to USA

I am planning on taking my netbook with me to USA in a month, and when I bought it, the woman said the charger (transmitter?) wouldn't work over there? and would have to get a usa version? but everyone I've asked says that it will work. Anyone got any information they can give me please?
Thanks Happy

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Advice on taking my Dell Inspiration mini netbook to USA
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Advice on taking my Dell Inspiration mini netbook to USA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Look at the charger.

Almost all I see are marked with 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz operation.

Did that person LOOK at this charger?
Bob

- Collapse -
charger

yeh thats what it says on it, does that mean it will or won't work over there?
and the woman that sold it me do you mean? she worked in the shop

- Collapse -
So let's think about this.

Here in the USA most outlets are 110 VAC 60 Hz.

You have an adapter that accepts 100 to 240 VAC and 60 Hz.

Sounds fine to me. Maybe that person in the shop just works in the shop? (that is, doesn't know this area and maybe it's not their job?)
Bob

- Collapse -
thanks

thats good to hear then Happy
but id be able to go get another charger over there if for some silly reason it doesnt work? thank you for your help Happy

- Collapse -
The chargers here are marked.

With the same ratings. So why would a charger with 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz bought here work when yours didn't?

I fear you are fretting about this a bit much.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info