TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Advice on source selector? Joytech and Psyclone.

by yiwakawa / April 13, 2006 12:44 PM PDT

Hi I need to add more input's on my 21" GateWay display. I am looking into the "Joytech Xbox 360 control center" and the "Psyclone source selector". Do you know if they are any good?, or I just need something good for about $100?
I need to put component DVD player, VCR on S video, Nintendo Game Cube on S video, and the New Nintendo or Play Station 3 on component when out.

Thank you all for your time and help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Advice on source selector? Joytech and Psyclone.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Advice on source selector? Joytech and Psyclone.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Psyclone Source Selector
by TtHuggyBear / April 20, 2006 2:37 PM PDT

Picked up the Psyclone source selector last week. Beautiful unit, picture looks great. Only negative is the tiny remote control.

Collapse -
Thank you Tony I bought a Psyclone.
by yiwakawa / May 23, 2006 3:22 PM PDT

Thank you Tony I bought a Psyclone. Wow it all works great as if you put everything on the display. It has great picture and the sound is great too!

Highly recommend to anyone who need it.

Collapse -
well, maybe, but I bought a Psyclone too and ...
by bsczappa / May 27, 2006 5:43 AM PDT

i bought one and I'm using three component inputs to one component out, which is working fine, but

- the documentation is as bad as I have ever seen, and

- the only contact info from the manual is a website that no longer exists

- on input4 I have a composite in and can't get anything out. I suspect that is because it does not upconvert composite in to component out, but good luck finding out if this is supported ... since that was the most important reason I bought the product I'm considering returning it.

- I have no idea how the ethernet ports are intended to be used (I assume it is just acting as a 4 port switch, which I don't need, but there is nothing telling you and if it is a switch it is presumably unmanagable)

- I'm about to try programming my Harmony remote (super product) to use it but who knows what the codes are if it doesn't succeed on its own...

... so, not a bad product but less then I expected.

Collapse -
Psyclone
by yiwakawa / May 27, 2006 10:08 AM PDT

I got a VCR on composite, and the composite's got it's own out looks like?
On my Psyclone I have DVD player on component, VCR on composite, and a Nintendo Cube on S video.
From reading some other forum looks like only one ethernet works at a time? I don't know why they did this, but I got WI-FI, so I don't use it.
Yes I found the documentation hard to understand too. And they do have a new web site, but that was hard to find too.
Overall I think Psyclone worked great for me since I am using a computer display like a TV and now I can put 4 things on the display thanks to the Psyclone.

Collapse -
Psyclone Problems with DVD player
by highland123 / August 5, 2007 6:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Psyclone

I am only using one of four inputs for my DVD player on the psyclone box. I am using component and digital optical cables from the DVD player to the psyclone box. The DVD player is progressive 720p/1080i. I can't understand why I am getting no video or audio on my TV. My TV is set to receive component cables for the applicable input for the pysclone box. I am also using components from the Psyclone box through to the receiver.

What could be wrong? Why can't I get audio or video?

Do I need to do additional setting(s) on my receiver?

Help! and Thanks everyone.

Collapse -
You might have a defective product?
by yiwakawa / August 26, 2007 6:19 PM PDT

Mine worked automatic with everything I put on it. The only in or output I haven't used is the 10/100 switch or the optical, but I'm guessing it's automatic too? I did have a bad product "few (in) did not work" but BestBuy replaced it with the one I got now and that worked great.

Collapse -
Psyclone Source Selector
by highland123 / March 30, 2008 7:34 AM PDT

Thanks. I just realized I finally got a reply on my post. I still haven't figured out my psyclone yet and its been over a half year. The source selector works for normal RCA on my WII but it won't work for component cables? Same problem with my DVD player? How can the input work for RCA on the WII but when I use the WII component I can get sound but no video? As far as my DVD player goes using component and digital optical audio I get nothing. Is this a problem only with the component inputs? Is there anyway to tell without ripping this thing out of my closet (disconnecting infared etc...etc..) that its defective?

Thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.