Never read or heard the TV web cam can be used by PC or Apples.
2. Yes. Been done too many times. I worry about your IT here. Why is there a doubt here?
3. More concern here. Are there new to PC and Apple folk here? That is, I don't see why there is doubt.
As to the second set of items.
2. Most likely
3. Task your IT to make it happen
We're about to setup a conference room for work Skype/conference call chats and I wanted to find out if anyone had good suggestions on our proposed solution.
We were thinking of doing the following:
1) Setup a Samsung UHD TV which comes with a built in welcome
2) Setup a mac mini which uses the TV as it's screen
3) Use Skype on the mac mini for all calls, as this also allows us to use the computer during the calls (for screen share etc.)
Some questions immediately arise from this though:
1) Will we be able to use the built in webcam essentially as an 'external cam' for the mac mini? We don't want to use the built in Skype app, so this is important.
2) Will the TV be able to pick up audio from the meeting participants or will we also need to purchase an omni directional microphone which plugs into the mac mini?
3) Are there any other suggestions on how best to do this?
Any advice is welcomed and appreciated!