Computer Help forum

Question

Advanced Electronics Theory Consensus?

by ArsTechne / January 1, 2014 3:19 AM PST

This looked like the best place to post. If I'm wrong, tell me where this should go. Thank you.

So over the past couple years I have been developing this theory which had started as a quantum computing theory because of how most "quantum" computers currently worked, but has been reclassified to an AE theory as most "quantum" computers dont actually do anything quantum yet.

Basically, any variance in matters' and/or energys' states of being that is measured and/or compared can be regard as an Advanced Electronic system.

This is entailed that how computers currently operate makes them an AE system, but that binary is the most basic form.

Conceptually, this means that since 0 and 1 are calculated as a variance in the voltage, they are an AES, but that a system could have 0, 1, 2, 3 (quaternary for easy) that is calculated in a variance of voltages as well.

I do have a prototype that kinda worked, but I need to rework it as I have since construction learned more on how it needs to be balanced volt/amp wise.

But a currently used system that has a greater than binary AE use is QUAM signaling. Rather than one signal per baud, it can get much more. But the what is considered as a signal is merely an individual bit. That one signal per baud is true for systems that use an AE logic that each bit is as large as it can be per baud (one signal of 0-F as example) rather than multiple signals of smaller bits per baud (4 signals of 0-1 as example). So a four signal per baud for a binary based computer would only be one signal per baud for a hexatary based computer.

So, though this would mean little speed enhancement for data transfer till fiber optic can be made to have a similar variance, if a computer could enhance the voltage variance in computation we could theoretically get faster processing and larger storage.

I will post again once I figured the new layout for the 4 quanterary identifier circuit, but till then...

Does this make sense?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Advanced Electronics Theory Consensus?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Advanced Electronics Theory Consensus?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Personally
by Jimmy Greystone / January 1, 2014 10:40 AM PST

Personally, I'd say that CNet is not likely the sort of place you're going to find a lot of people versed in quantum computer theory. I get the basic idea of what you're saying, but I'd be surprised if there's more than a small handful of people on these forums who even have a concept of what a quantum computer is.

I'm not really sure where you'd go for something like this, but surely if you look around there are some forums where people sit around and talk about quantum computers and that sort of thing all day. CNet is a bit more geared towards people who have only just mastered turning on a regular computer. Don't let me scare you off, but if your passion is quantum computers, I don't think you'll be happy here.

Collapse -
Response
by ArsTechne / January 1, 2014 12:22 PM PST
In reply to: Personally

Its not really a quantum computer concept, though I did start with thinking it was. I was hoping there might be someone here that could second the concept. Im not an electrical engineer, so what I can put together is fairly limited as I dont know all of the tricks to designing a good basic circuit, but I know what needs to go into it.

If anyone knows a good forum I can go to though, I would be very thankful. Tell me to find something in a library I'll find it in no time, but the web I can never seem to find anything.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.