HolidayBuyer's Guide

Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Adobe has acquired Macromedia.

by Kiddpeat / January 21, 2006 3:05 AM PST

I just got the announcement as an email. I'm not sure which forum is best matched to this, so I'm guessing this one.

That should produce some very interesting product capabilities.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Adobe has acquired Macromedia.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Adobe has acquired Macromedia.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
really
by grimgraphix / January 21, 2006 4:06 AM PST

Since Adobe has been making a move on Quark with its InDesign program I wonder how this will effect Dream Weaver?

grim
grimgraphix

Collapse -
I believe this actually happened about a month ago,,,
by EdH / January 21, 2006 8:38 PM PST

maybe more. I am spprehensive about Freehand, which I really like.

Collapse -
Yes, close to 2 months ago now...
by Xandar45 / January 22, 2006 11:52 AM PST

Here's a quick link.

Sorry to hear about the Freehand situtation, EdH. Hopefully you'll find a suitable alternative, if necessary.

ATB

Collapse -
Close to two months ago
by taboma / January 22, 2006 12:14 PM PST

is correct. Now here is the question. Why?

Collapse -
Here's a better one...
by Xandar45 / January 22, 2006 7:21 PM PST

Have you tried googling for an answer to that question, taboma? i.e. using the 'Google' search engine. If used effectively, it can hit on answers to all sorts of questions...

This I ask out of concern - Is your financial IQ in need of some exercise?

Now, due to the imprecision of your question, I'm unsure as to whether you wish me to address the reason for the acquisition, or the timing of the acquistion. However, the links I've just provided should answer your question, from both perspectives. If you need any further help/clarification, post back, and I'll see what I can do for you. Though I would urge you to be a little more specific with your question(s), if you do. Alternatively, you might like to consider contacting ADBE themselves - maybe they'd be willing to furnish you with some more information, or help, should you need it.

HTH

P.S. Btw tb, you're not asking me to explain to you why counting from the 3rd Dec. 2005 to the present, is close to a 2 month time-period, are you? I hope not.

Collapse -
Here's a better one for you?
by taboma / January 27, 2006 4:40 PM PST
In reply to: Here's a better one...

?If I go to Google and search for ADBE themselves, I wonder what the results will be counting back from Dec. 3, 2005?
Thank you for your wonderful post and contribution to the Graphic's Forum and news about Adobe. I am sure we are all excited.
HTH or is it ATB? Did you forget to fill out your profile?

Collapse -
In what way exactly?
by Xandar45 / January 28, 2006 4:15 AM PST

'?If I go to Google and search for ADBE themselves, I wonder what the results will be counting back from Dec. 3, 2005?'

I guess that'll depend on the effectiveness/ineffectiveness of your searching skills.

'Thank you for your wonderful post and contribution to the Graphic's Forum and news about Adobe.'

You're more than welcome, taboma, and I'm flattered that you thought my post was wonderful. It's my pleasure to contribute to the graphics forum if and when I can. Perhaps Kiddpeat is the one you should be thanking as regards the Adobe news. I merely provided some additional information on the topic.

'I am sure we are all excited.'

Thats nice to hear, although do you think it's wise to speak for the entire forum?

'HTH or is it ATB?'

Whichever suits.

'Did you forget to fill out your profile?'

Nope. Did you forget to respond to my previous response to you? It has taken you quite a while to respond, you understand.

Cheers

Btw tb, why the interest in my profile?

Collapse -
In what way exactly?
by taboma / January 28, 2006 4:09 PM PST
In reply to: In what way exactly?

Profiles are helpful when you have a technical issue and anyone can see at a glance and review what exactly is your operating system, computer, memory of your computer, speed of the processor, etc.
Your bio:
Personal info that you want to contribute:
Your profession. Who you are? A student or a programmer?
That sort of thing.
Where you hale from and other info are always helpful.
The reply back to you will vary after review of your profile sometimes,
yet not always.
Email this user or not? Can we contact you? Check-off this in your profile.
That, in a nut shell, is why you should fill out your profile.

?If I go to ADBE themselves, I wonder what the results will be???
refers to the fact that your post should have referred to Adobe.com. Not ADBE if someone else is following you post and wants to contact Adobe. There are a number of new members here on all the forums that are confused by WTHAYTA?
= What the heck are you talking about, as an example.
Keep it simple and to the point.

As far as experience and effectiveness of my searching skills go?
I will tell you. Effective.
I subscribe to Apple's news letter and receive all their announcements every week and have been for a number of years. My question WHY to this original post was to ask others to go into depth and to ask what they thought about the acquisition.

Kiddpeat is a fan of mine and I will thank him on this forum or send him email personally to thank him after he completes his daily studies.

Check on anyone?s profile and view the info. That's why it is listed in this forum.
Xandar45, I cannot email you because you have not filled out your profile. I, or other members here do not really know anything about you or what your interests are in graphics right now.

-K

Collapse -
taboma...
by Xandar45 / January 29, 2006 8:05 PM PST
In reply to: In what way exactly?

'Profiles are helpful when you have a technical issue and anyone can see at a glance and review what exactly is your operating system, computer, memory of your computer, speed of the processor, etc.
Your bio:
Personal info that you want to contribute:
Your profession. Who you are? A student or a programmer?
That sort of thing.
Where you hale from and other info are always helpful.
The reply back to you will vary after review of your profile sometimes,
yet not always.
Email this user or not? Can we contact you? Check-off this in your profile.
That, in a nut shell, is why you should fill out your profile.
'

Correct, but that doesn't quite answer the question I asked you, does it?

'?If I go to ADBE themselves, I wonder what the results will be???
refers to the fact that your post should have referred to Adobe.com. Not ADBE if someone else is following you post and wants to contact Adobe. There are a number of new members here on all the forums that are confused by WTHAYTA?
= What the heck are you talking about, as an example.
Keep it simple and to the point.
'

Ah, I see. Ok, my bad. To those members (including you taboma) who were kind/interested enough to follow my post, but who were confused or misled through my use of a ticker symbol to identify the American software company 'Adobe Systems, Inc.', I apologise.
For those fora members (including you taboma) who are confused by, or who wish to learn more about acronyms (e.g. KISS), you may find the following links helpful:

http://silmaril.ie/cgi-bin/uncgi/acronyms
http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/

'As far as experience and effectiveness of my searching skills go?
I will tell you. Effective.
I subscribe to Apple's news letter and receive all their announcements every week and have been for a number of years. My question WHY to this original post was to ask others to go into depth and to ask what they thought about the acquisition.
'

A few points:

1. I'm glad to hear that your searching skills are effective.
2. I have a lot of respect for Apple.
3. Your question should have been more precise.

'Kiddpeat is a fan of mine and I will thank him on this forum or send him email personally to thank him after he completes his daily studies.'

Your own business, but I'm glad to hear that also.

'Check on anyone?s profile and view the info. That's why it is listed in this forum.
Xandar45, I cannot email you because you have not filled out your profile. I, or other members here do not really know anything about you or what your interests are in graphics right now.

-K
'

Have you been trying to email me taboma? If so, then all you have to do is ask me to fix it so as you can.

And FWIW, I made it quite clear from the outset i.e. in my post 'Digital art', that I'm a newbie to this realm.

Xandar

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.