Question

Adobe Flash works in Safe Mode not in Normal

I have been through several forums looking for solutions to this problem. Windows Vista 32 bit using IE9 stopped displaying videos. I am asked to download latest version of Adobe Flash each time. I have downloaded it several times from sevaral different links including directly from Adobe website. I get a succesful intsall message each time. It does not show up in my Add-ons during normal mode, it does show up in safe mode. Anyone no the answer?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Adobe Flash works in Safe Mode not in Normal
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Adobe Flash works in Safe Mode not in Normal
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Did you try Chrome?

IE9 64 bit can be trouble. I'd use something else.

- Collapse -
Chrome

I just tried Chrome and Flash works. Is it time to abandon IE9???

- Collapse -
I did.

But Firefox, Seamonkey and other browsers aren't so bad. You can find too many discussions of this and other IE9 issues. Some of them have to do with the antivirus suite and others are all over the map.

I tend to want to use my PC so I dropped IE long ago.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Besides trying Chrome ...

or Firefox you might try completely uninstalling Flash using Adobe's tool:
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Once it is uninstalled download the latest Flash Player to your hard drive then run the installation as Administrator.

Before doing that though double check to see that you are not using the 64 bit Internet Explorer in normal mode and the 32 bit IE in Safe Mode.

- Collapse -
Adobe not working in IE9

Chrome did the trick. It was not the two different version of IE9 running on safe and normal. It bugs me that I have to switch to Chrome. I guess I will get use to it.

CNET Forums