Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Adobe flash

by jwhceh13 / November 3, 2009 10:07 PM PST

I just upgraded to windows 7 64 bit on HP a1730n and now find out that Adobe Flash does not work with Windows 7 64 bit ???

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Adobe flash
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Adobe flash
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Werd.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 3, 2009 10:51 PM PST
In reply to: Adobe flash

Here I am typing on my spiffy 7 64 bit machine and it installed just fine. Yes it's the full deal.

"Windows 7 Professional 64 bit"

I'm unsure why people say it doesn't work or install.
Bob

Collapse -
Anti-virus
by jeff_windows_team / November 6, 2009 1:57 AM PST

Are you running Kaspersky?

Collapse -
Adobe Flash Player not working on 64 bit Os.
by falcon211 / November 25, 2009 12:33 PM PST
In reply to: Anti-virus

You will find that alot of your aps will not work with a 64 BIT system.
You are stuck with running 32BIT OS.Take my word for it.
Falcon211

Collapse -
Your answers about Adobe Shockwave an Flash Player.
by Tinkatoy4000 / November 22, 2009 12:41 AM PST

I have Windows 7 64 Bit Operating System and Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave player works online playing games at shockwave.com. When you download and install the games and play them on your desktop that when the trouble begins with shockwave player I don't know about flash player because I tried the prerelease of flash player 10.1 that did not work. Probably have to be a Shockwave player problem. You can play the games on your desktop with out any trouble but that it is not full screen it looks like a letter box format going vertically but you can still play the games. I think they need to come up with an updated version of shockwave player to fix the problem.

Collapse -
Switch to IE 32 bit version of Internet Explorer
by JimHarn / November 24, 2009 9:37 AM PST

i Could't get it to run also. But I was running IE 64 bit version which does't support Flash. Try running IE 32 bit version, you should have a choice of both if you are running a 64 bit machine. Good Luck.

Collapse -
It is compatible
by TaraS_WinTeam / December 5, 2009 1:41 PM PST
Collapse -
Ran into the same thing
by Steven Haninger / December 6, 2009 4:47 AM PST

after installing a 64 bit variation of Firefox. When encountering a Flash enabled site and asked to download and install, it was a no-go. Went back to 32 bit FF and it's fixed. Guess we'll need to do without a few 3rd party bells and whistles for now.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?