Question

Address bar/s keep scrolling. Any help out there?

Hi all. One of my Vista machines (Dell) keeps scrolling through the address drop down in pretty much all applications (IE, windows explorer etc.). has anyone seen this before and/or have a solution for me. Is it a virus, a hardware thing or just Vista getting glugged up?

Thanks in advance.
Anderz

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Address bar/s keep scrolling. Any help out there?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Address bar/s keep scrolling. Any help out there?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) Does it stop if you unplug the keyboard?
- Collapse -
Further info.

First, apologies for not including this info at the start. So, here goes.
It is a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop about 3 years old but used by teenager until now. At first it was thought it had been virused so it has been cleaned, HDD re-formatted and Vista (Home Premium) reloaded. It did have other problems that appeared to be a nasty and these have gone but ... still does the scrolling thing. With or without a mouse attached. I thought it may be keyboard and was just about to break out the screwdrivers but tried this in the hope someone had come across it or had some idea that would relieve me of having to pull it to bits, with probably little chance of success.

Please, please, please let it not be keyboard.

All and any help hugely appreciated.
Anderz

- Collapse -
Why I asked.

It sounds more like the stuck key than a virus. Even this laptop lets me unplug it's internal keyboard and use some USB keyboard for a test.

I know it sounds advanced.
Bob

CNET Forums