Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Adding video to my websites.

I guess with the onslaught of video on the eb, it's time for me to catch up and start using video on my websites. I work full time on the internet and have for just over 11 years. I recently purchased a webcam and now I'm looking at video converter software

I've looked at a few but I think I have settled on AVS. I'd like to know if someone has used the AVS to convert video to files that can be uploaded to a websites?

I am not a techie but I do know a little something about html. I build all my own websites but I do cheat and use Frontpage. Thanks to anyone that can help

Ed Rizzo
DPD Marketing

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Adding video to my websites.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Adding video to my websites.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just the google I would try.

In reply to: Adding video to my websites.

Collapse -
Thanks for replying but

In reply to: Just the google I would try.

I did need some of the information on adding video but what I was looking for is a software to format video before adding to my web pages. I am considering purchasing the AVS software and wanted to see if anyone had comments about AVS before I purchase.

Collapse -
Just sharing.

In reply to: Thanks for replying but

I don't use AVS. No need for it since I can use Virtual Dub to convert to formats that work widely.

Bob

Collapse -
Adding video and video converters

In reply to: Just sharing.

I'm glad you use something different from AVS (Virtual Hub).
My question is for someone who DOES and I'd like their comments on that. I don't have a converter yet but I like the features of AVS. Just want to hear from anyone who uses it.
I will take a look at the one you use and compare. I also like Easy Web Video at easywebvideo.com but the last I checked that was $127
Way too much from what I have been finding.

So, if anyone in the forum has tried the registered version only, of AVS, could you let me know?
Thanks again

Collapse -
Easy Web Video

In reply to: Adding video and video converters

In my opinion Easy Web Video is best converter for posting videos online as it offers simple and quick setup where you get results within few clicks and much works faster than most of other converters. This is especially useful if you want to post lots of videos quickly and optimized for online viewing. VirtualDub I have used as well but sometimes too much options and features make it too complex and it's quite slow compared to Easy Web Video.

Collapse -
PS. Since Virtual Dub is free and does what I need...

In reply to: Just sharing.

I have to pass on paying for AVS. Did you try Virtual Dub? Some complain it's a little hard but after you use it for awhile it grows on you.

Bob

Collapse -
virtual hub

In reply to: PS. Since Virtual Dub is free and does what I need...

Does virtual hub show any advertisments since it's free? There must be some catch. Nothing is totally free anymore?
I guess I'll check it out

Collapse -
Video to Web

Collapse -
video to web

In reply to: Video to Web

I did find the info and downloaded it. It's a zip file and when I opened it, there was no file on how to install
Like I said before, I'm no techie and every time I try something, I end up screwing up something else Happy

Collapse -
For the non-techie.

In reply to: video to web

When I needed more information I turned to it's homepage or what I found on google.com

Remember we are talking free tools. Support is by reading and more.

-> Yup, it doesn't need an installer. It works just like software used to work. Copy to where your want and run it...

Bob

Collapse -
video to web

In reply to: For the non-techie.

These last few days have been a royal pain. Let's just say, I purchased 2 other converters that didn't do what I wanted and I finally went with my original desicion and got AVS. It is absolutely so easy to use that even a complete computer jerk can use it. Thanks for the help anyway and Have a great day
Ed Rizzo
DPD Marketing

Collapse -
AVS convert video to flash can be uploaded to website,

Edrizzo, I have used avs for a long time, you just convert video to flash(swf),then you can upload to your website, avs help you generate html code with video, more info, you can view their tutorial on <a href="http://www.avs4you.com/Guides/How-to-create-video-for-a-web-page.aspx?sct=aff&ct=regnow&cid=175028">How can I convert video for a web-page?</a>. Hope it helps,

Collapse -
Adding video to my websites

You should try out flash, it really makes your website look very good as well as make it very interactive for the visitors. As for the videos, you can just embed them and let other sites host your files for it.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.