Mac Applications forum

General discussion

adding video in itunes

I have itunes version 7, I also downloaded video converter (Isquint and visualhub). But still I can't play my mp4 videos in my itunes. I tried reinstalling it, still it doesn't work...

what should I do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: adding video in itunes
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: adding video in itunes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Does VLCPLAYER play them?

In reply to: adding video in itunes

If so, use VLCPLAYER's transcoding feature to encode them to something iTunes likes.

Remember that since I don't have access to your MP4s I can't pop the hood and see what's wrong.

Bob

Collapse -
I've downloaded VCL

In reply to: Does VLCPLAYER play them?

But i need to play my vid in my itunes in order for me to transfer it to my ipod video. thnx

Collapse -
Sorry you missed the solution.

In reply to: I've downloaded VCL

Vlcplayer and maybe handbrake could "transcode" it to something that iTunes would like. But since that's not sinking in maybe someone else will pop into this discussion and find the words.

Bob

Collapse -
Video and iTunes

In reply to: Sorry you missed the solution.

If your video does not play in iTunes, which is QuickTime based, you might want to use the "transcoding" (conversion) function of VLC player to convert into something that QT can read.
Alternatively, you could try Handbrake as a conversion tool for iTunes and your iPod.

Is there an echo in here?

P

Collapse -
handbrake for dvd's only

In reply to: Video and iTunes

I have an avi file, visual hub and isquint convert videos whithout errors. It can also play in my quicktime, Maybe the problem is my itunes. Can you recommend something?

Collapse -
I have just converted

In reply to: handbrake for dvd's only

an AVI to a MOV and put it into my iTunes Library.

I used QuickTime to convert the avi to mov

P

Collapse -
Mac itunes doesn't work

In reply to: I have just converted

I tried using itunes for windows. It did work, I have no my videos... Still I can't understand why my mac itunes won't transfer video.

Collapse -
I understand but can't find the words to

In reply to: Mac itunes doesn't work

Tell you why. But we do have transcoders to fix this.

What can I write here that is not a repeat?

Bob

Collapse -
Thank you. :D

In reply to: I understand but can't find the words to

Maybe you guys can figure what's the problem with my stupid itunes... Grin But for now... I'm enjoying my videos, that I have converted and transfered through itunes windows. Grin Thnx Grin

Collapse -
It was explained but not in words you could understand.

In reply to: Thank you. :D

On the Windows box a CODEC could be present to aid in the translation. Lucky for you it was nearly automatic. On the Mac you would have to do the translation manually.

-> There is nothing broken here.

Bob

Collapse -
how can i do the codec thing?

In reply to: It was explained but not in words you could understand.

Can you help me with the codec?

Collapse -
Why do you need to?

In reply to: how can i do the codec thing?

What is the aim of doing "the codec thing", whatever that is.

P

Collapse -
Why would we do that?

In reply to: how can i do the codec thing?

On all 3 platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux) I use VLCPLAYER to do the transcoding.

Why would I want to hunt down a codec?

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.