General discussion

adding tv as monitor and resolution issue

just connected my pc with windows 7 to samsung dlp via hdmi and have 2 issues. 1st issue is I lose control of my pc, tv is in other room. how do I use the tv only as a monitor to watch movies. do i have to get a wireless mouse and keyboard now? 2nd issue is that the screen on tv is too large, how do I get it to be the same as pc?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: adding tv as monitor and resolution issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: adding tv as monitor and resolution issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Facts . . .

TV in one room, PC in the other? You do a lot of walking; wireless keyboards/mice are good for about 15 feet.

Resolution? TV and PC video cards do not match. Live with it.

- Collapse -
Resolution? More info needed

How can we tell you anything when we have no idea what TV model, and what PC model you have? We would also need to know what video card you have in the computer.

How are you running this HDMI cable from the PC to the TV? what is the length? Some TVs have an Internet connection, does yours?

There are a lot of possible options to be able to control the computer from another room, but is the computer in line-of-sight from your TV viewing position?

Details, details, details.

G.I.G.O.

CNET Forums

Forum Info