Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Add another harddisk (OS) to my CPU tower?

I?ve a AMD III 450, 128MB and 32MB PCI graphic card, 200w power supply unit. A HD removable Rack for 6.4. OS windows 98se.

Is it possible to install another hard disk together with my 6.4 harddisk both with same OS (windows 98se) or different OS (one windows 95 and the other windows 98se) not using the removable HD rack!!

How to connect the cable with CD-ROM drive? how to set jumper to the 2 HD and the CD-ROM drive? and how to set the bios? Any problems with the power supply? How to boot up the OS?
Thanks for your help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Add another harddisk (OS) to my CPU tower?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Add another harddisk (OS) to my CPU tower?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Add another harddisk (OS) to my CPU tower?

In reply to: Add another harddisk (OS) to my CPU tower?

First Question is : Are you trying to set up a dual boot sytem or just run two HD's. If you are trying to dual boot, you'll have some work ahead of you. If your just adding a HD, you'll want to run one as a slave. We need more info to help.

Collapse -
Re: Add another harddisk (OS) to my CPU tower?

In reply to: Re: Add another harddisk (OS) to my CPU tower?

Thanks for your replied. I want a dual boot system. maybe with both windows 98se or windows 95 and windows 98se, any other systems.

Collapse -
Do a google search for Romtec Trios...

In reply to: Add another harddisk (OS) to my CPU tower?

which is a hardware drive switch which allows what you want.

Multi boot setups are also possible using a boot manager if you are simply partitioning and installing all on the same physical disc (assuming the OS choices you mentioned--any version of NT through XP will set up a boot menu with other MS OS in the mix.)

Collapse -
Re: Do a google search for Romtec Trios...

In reply to: Do a google search for Romtec Trios...

Romtec Trios, any problems with the power supply unit?
How abt the heat problem with the Removable HD rack?

Collapse -
liangcng, You'll Probably Want...

In reply to: Re: Do a google search for Romtec Trios...

...a bigger power supply, maybe in the 400 watt range because of the increased demand from a second hard drive, and if needed, another fan.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.