General discussion

Adaptor for new AV port.

I'm using a camcorder with a yellow AV port. I want to connect standard audio headphones to the camera, but, when I plug them in to this port, I only get a loud buzz in one channel. Does anybody know where I can get an adaptor for this port which will separate the audio and video signals?

Discussion is locked

Reply to: Adaptor for new AV port.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Adaptor for new AV port.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
- Collapse -
Just wondering.

I usually make a point to whipping the supplier of the camcorder into supplying a solution. But without a make/model of the camcorder I can't see how to proceed.


- Collapse -
Hmmm, it is a Canon, but I'll have to check on the model

since the camera belongs to a school I'm attending. I'm seeing these A/V ports more and more on camcorders, DVD portable players, etc.

- Collapse -
Adaptor for new AV port.

My guess is that the correct plug has 4 conections on it.
Tip,ring,ring and sleve, or video, L audio, R audio and ground. If you plug in at 3 conector head phone plug, tip, ring and sleve. You will hear a buzz which is the 60hz virtical sync signal in one ear and audio on the other. John

CNET Forums

Forum Info