General discussion

adaptec videoh problems

I have just purchased Adaptec's Vide OH DVD and I keep getting the message "My DVD can not detect a signal on the selected video source. Please make sure that you have a device connected and that it is a NTSC device."

I have tried to uninstall and re-install along with their tips on using the Play button on the VCR and nothing works. I am using the cables with the red/white/yellow cables and have attached them to my vcr's red/yellow/white slots.

Has anyone had any luck in making this device work?

I have an Inspiron 8500 with the 64MB NVIDIA GeForce 4 4200 AGP 4x graphics video card

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: adaptec videoh problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: adaptec videoh problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
A question.

Is your Geforce video card also have capture capability? If it does, then the default input maybe set to that card instead and not to the pci (vide-oh) card.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Do you have a TV that you can plug the cables into?

CNET Forums

Forum Info