General discussion

Activating HDMI inputs from remote control

Hi, I have a UE40B7000 led TV set. I don't use the internal TV tuner, but only HDMI inputs, the first one for cable TV, the second one for multimedia player, and so on.
Is there a possibility to assign on the remote control some TV channels to HDMI inputs, for example assigning the button 1 to HDMI1, button 2 to HDMI2, etc... ?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Activating HDMI inputs from remote control
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Activating HDMI inputs from remote control
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

gozost,

No such customization exists on the remote that comes with the television. There may be some codes available on a third party (Like the Logitech Harmony), but I'm not aware of that customization being available on the included remote.

--HDTech

- Collapse -

Hi, thanks for the answer. It's a shame it does not exist on my Samsung TV. It used to exist on my previous TV (Sony) : during the setup of the TV, instead of assigning a channel frequency to a channel number (ex : channel 1 is Pal channel 45) you had the possibility to say channel 1 is hdmi 1. But this setup was done on the TV, and not on the remote. Maybe for a future improvement ? Because I think a lot of people now use more often an external tuner than the internal one.
Gozost.

- Collapse -
HDMI Select on Remote

The codes for "Select_HDMI1", etc do exist, but there's no button. As noted, you'd need a programmable remote to let you do it. My One-for-All has these codes set for "Shift-Sat", "Shift-VCR", etc. There are codes for selecting AV and VGA ports as well.

- Collapse -
HDMI Select on Remote

I have a UE40B7020 TV (same tv but without the red surround).

I bought a Logitech Harmony 555 remote control to control my TV,PVR and Amplifier.
The Harmony also has code for each HDMI input. The remote is a bit fiddley to set up but once its all programed works well. I would recommend this for your TV.

- Collapse -
HDMI Select on Remote

Hi, Thanks for your messages. I will give a try at the Logitech remote.

CNET Forums

Forum Info