Laptops forum

General discussion

ACER WARRANTY

by jackkoh20 / July 23, 2008 9:26 PM PDT

I'm disappointed that defects thru no fault of the end-users are not covered by warranty.

My ACER Aspire 5600 notebook is only 16 mths old and has an extended additional 2yrs warranty. My notebook has began to show up several growing 50-cts dark spots on the LCD. Acer technician explained that keyboard panel get very hot and and the heat has caused the burnt-marks on the LCD. These marks are underneath the hard crystalbrite layer of the LCD screen. But Acer claims that these being burnt marks or imprints will not be covered by the warranty. BUT this is design fault! The manager also refused to accept my argument and insist it is a user fault! I felt robbed!

The proof of a product quality is in the after-sales.
Wonder if any of you experience same problems or with other manufacturers.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ACER WARRANTY
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ACER WARRANTY
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"argument"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 23, 2008 9:49 PM PDT
In reply to: ACER WARRANTY

It's an art of never arguing but presentation. Many will say it should be so but any maker has never done well. I suspect your issue if handled in the same manner would result in the same ending.

But here's an issue I see. Why would the machine be on with the lid closed? That's not a stock setting and certainly not how laptops are made to run.

I can see how they would deny this one.
Bob

Collapse -
Wear&Tear
by Willy / July 24, 2008 10:45 AM PDT
In reply to: ACER WARRANTY

I find it odd that they "knew" what or how the problem came about, Thus, they had to experience it and were ready to deny any claim or be prepared. It is a simple "wear&tear" of usage of the system, just like a rubber fan belt. You don't expect them to replace a fan belt, would you. The LCD is pretty much like a light bulb, unless it had excessive missing pixels or damage near time or purchase don't expect a warranty fix. I don't know of a design flaw issue, but is you use your laptop alot then shutdown and close it, maybe that's the reason, still its wear&tear issue. I have a Acer 5720 and brought it as it ran "cool" and had the options I wanted. Many of the single cpu and early duo cpus tend to run hot and cooling was an issue, if you can prove their cooling wasn't sufficient, maybe you can retry the warranty fix.

good luck -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?