Laptops forum

General discussion

Acer TravelMate c300 bluetooth

I have an Acer travelmate c300. The problem is that I fried my keyboard a while back and I've been using a plug in keyboard when I'm not traveling. It got old, fast, and decided to get a blue tooth keyboard & mouse. The problem is that the bluetooth button is part of the keyboard. So now, I can't turn it on.

What I want to know, is if there's another way? When I checked the devices, it was already enabled.

Specs:
Win XD -latest update
Tablet PC: Acer travelmate c300

Want to install MS bluetooth keyboard & mouse, which comes with an adapter, but I want to see if I can use the built in first.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Acer TravelMate c300 bluetooth
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Acer TravelMate c300 bluetooth
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Is repair cheaper than a new laptop?

In reply to: Acer TravelMate c300 bluetooth

I'd repair the laptop or consider some USB Bluetooth dongle.

Bob

Collapse -
Acer TravelMate C300 Recovery disc - Windows XP Tablet Editi

I have Acer TravelMate C300 but need the recovery disc and wonder if anyone wants to sell Acer TravelMate C300 Recovery disc - Windows XP Tablet Edition.

Collapse -
Recovery Disc Acer Travelmate C300

In reply to: Acer TravelMate C300 Recovery disc - Windows XP Tablet Editi

Try this number Call Acer 1-800-816-2237

Collapse -
Thank you Note!

In reply to: Recovery Disc Acer Travelmate C300

I wanted to thank you for sending Acer #. I spoke with Acer @ 408 533-7700 about 2 months ago and was given the same Tech Support # - 1-800-816-2237. I called Acer Technical Support and was told that the unit is out of warranty. Also, they don't have the disc. I have tried eBay and other forum, no luck yet. I am in the process of writing to Acer's CEO.
The laptop is stil working fine, I have the Windows XP Tablet Edition COA and I should find a way to get the disc.
Again, Thank you for your help. I look forward to receiving further assistance you can give.
Gideon

Collapse -
Why not ACRONIS?

In reply to: Thank you Note!

If it's working fine why not make an image of the drive?

Also, many of the Acers can create recovery CDs. Have you looked at doing either of this solutions?

Collapse -
Xp CD's

In reply to: Thank you Note!

When you get a new laptop always request a copy of the OS, its free but it saves them not to send it with the laptop and acer or whoever want you to use the OS they customized ect. so see if you can still get you copy of the OS off of acer. if not when you buy an os you only buy the product key (under the laptop) so borrow or download a copy of xp tablet and instal with you key, the CD is the same. but the key is what makes that os yours.

Collapse -
Travelmate C300

I fried my keyboard and bought another one for $75.00 installed. Buy the keyboard. Try Ebay they carry new and used parts for the travelmate C300. My travelmate is still going strong. Call Acer 1-800-816-2237. I purchased an extended warranty so I just ended mine. The keyboard died just after that so I had to pay for it out of pocket. $75.00 isn't bad. Then I max the memory to 2GB. I'm running Captivate 3, Acrobat Prof 8 and MS Office 2007.It's doing great. Keep looking

Collapse -
New Travelmate C300 Keyboard

Found two keyboards on ebay for sale only $31.99 easy to install. One screw in bottom of laptop and three little latches on top youslide out with a paper clip 1st clip between Esc key and F1, Second is between F4 and F5 key, Third is between F12 and PrtSc key. Place the paper clip back through the bottom push and gently pop it out withyour hands the rest of the way. Be careful pulling it out there is a clear ribbon that connects the keyboard to the laptop in the center. Gently pull it out and then replace it with the new by placing the ribbon in place and snapping it in place. Replace the screw in the bottom of the laptop and your back in business. Took the guy 15 min. and he did it inthe lobby while I watched. I had to take the keyboard back off to add my memory so I knew how to remove the keyboard. Hope this helpsclick here or copy URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ACER-Travelmate-C300-C310-C301XCi-Keyboard-in-US_W0QQitemZ180231996888QQcmdZViewItem

Collapse -
Just replace the keyboard

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.