Question

ACER PREDATOR Orion 3000 on board Sound Card Driver problem

Hello all, I've had this machine about 2 months and has worked flawlessly until tonight. The on board integrated sound card has stopped working. Device Manager shows a little yellow triangle. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Also installing Realtek drivers from ACER driver download section. Still got the problem - no sound. When I uninstall the driver there is no checkbox to tick to completely uninstall it. I've also done a 'Keep my files' Windows restore but the problem still persists. Cheers.

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: ACER PREDATOR Orion 3000 on board Sound Card Driver problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ACER PREDATOR Orion 3000 on board Sound Card Driver problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I wonder if this is that W10 update issue.
- Collapse -
Tried the patch

Hi there, Thanks for your prompt response. I have run the update from the link you sent and the problem is still there. Do you think this could be a hardware issue? The machine froze when doing a STEAM update so I had to switch it off. When it came back up the audio no longer worked. Thanks.

- Collapse -
Testing needed.

Here I have spare drives that I can use or boot to a Linux OS to see if sound works.

I'm going on an errand but besides the audio driver, be sure to install the CHIPSET driver package then the audio driver for another try.

- Collapse -
Ubunbtu installation sound not working but...

I installed UBUNTU and the sound didn't work. But I unplugged the power cable for 30 seconds and plugged it back in and now it working in Windows.

Could this be a power supply issue?

- Collapse -
I doubt it.

I wonder if the poor laptop is one of those student owned models where the student has been schlepping it around for a few years. Those develop odd issues that usually are the end of the laptop. Travel can be easy or hard on a laptop. I find that about half the users don't treat the laptop with care.

- Collapse -
I have an Acer Predator laptop.

But if it works, stop fixing it and enjoy.

CNET Forums