Laptops forum

General discussion

Acer notebook TM 4010, delay typing, pad-mouse jumps often

by Marialac / September 18, 2005 2:05 AM PDT

I do not know if it is a hardware or software problem,I am typing and suddenly jumps a key or I am using the pad to move the cursor and jumps to another place.. I keep a key pressed like this "kkkkkkkkkkk" it suddenly stops and keps going.
Please help it seems that for a second everything stops,,and then keeps going... I just bought this laptop I do not know if I should return it...
thanks a lot!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Acer notebook TM 4010, delay typing, pad-mouse jumps often
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Acer notebook TM 4010, delay typing, pad-mouse jumps often
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sounds like a keyboard failure.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 18, 2005 2:15 AM PDT

Try this. Plug in an external keyboard to test.

Bob

Collapse -
Sounds like a keyboard but it was not
by Marialac / September 18, 2005 6:51 AM PDT

Thanks for your answer, it was not the keyboard it was one of those ridiculous preinstalled programs trying to do something...I removed those programs as Grif advised and it works fine and smooth now.
I just wanted to thank you for your input.

Collapse -
Same Problem
by phunpunk / October 2, 2005 2:13 AM PDT

I have the same problem with the skipping, what program did you uninstall?

Collapse -
TM4010 Keyboard skipping
by kryan411 / October 22, 2005 2:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Same Problem
Collapse -
TM4010 bios upgrade with WinFlash?
by Mira Belle / February 3, 2006 4:37 AM PST

How did you upgrade your bios? Acer says to use WinFlash, but many web sites advise against it saying to stick with DOS. I would rather not mess with the bios, but this keyboard issue is really irritating. I don't want to kill the whole pc.

Collapse -
TM4010
by kryan411 / October 22, 2005 1:47 PM PDT

I experience the same keyboard symptoms with my TM 4010. Please let me know what program Grif instructed you to uninstall.
Thank You.

Collapse -
Kryan and Phunpunk, If You'd Like...Try This....
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 23, 2005 2:41 AM PDT
In reply to: TM4010

Keyboard issues can be related to a lot of things and apparently Kryan has found the fix for that computer's keyboard problem, but cleaning things up a little will always help...I believe the instructions below are the ones previously used by Maria....Follow the instructions in the links below to remove the unnecessary start up programs and services and to eliminate the junk files on the computer. It may take a while to follow all the steps but it should help your computer run smoother and avoid some of the conflicts that cause your problem:

For Windows 2000/XP, ignore the first couple of sentences about checking "resources" in the link below (the "Performance" tab and resource percentage only applies to Windows 9.x/ME), but follow the rest of the procedures including the "Services" links at the bottom.

How To Shut Down Unnecessary Start Up Programs

Because the links for the "Services" are no longer functioning in the link above, use this one:

Services Guide For Windows XP

How To Clean Unwanted Files From The Hard Drive

After following all the procedures above, run Error Checking/Chkdsk and Defrag to optimize the hard drive:

How To Run 'Error Checking/Chkdsk' On Win2000/XP

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?