General discussion

Acer Notebook 9300-5415 wont start up

Ok I have had this computer for 5 months past a year and it was running fine yesterday morning till I brought it to work and shut it down properly like I usually do. I cleaned the screen with a light klenix and wiped the keys down without using any soaps, water or anything that may hurt the board. I now get one long beep and two short ones and no boot up or power up at all. I have contacted Acer and just got the tech mail support. I am waiting to hear from them. I am not a novice. I just dont have the test equipment. If anyone can tell me I would appreciate it. Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Acer Notebook 9300-5415 wont start up
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Acer Notebook 9300-5415 wont start up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The beep codes sound like

The RAM came unplugged. AC out, battery out and reseat the ram and hope.

Did you pay by credit card? Some double that warranty.

And the lesson about laptops is all about the warranty. Keep it covered until you are willing to pay for repair or replacement.
Bob

- Collapse -
beeps sound like this

I tried all that to no avail. I am really having a hard time going back on my Desktop due to having to re-hotkey alot of stuff. Any other ideas.

- Collapse -
Then swap the mainboard.
- Collapse -
re: swap the mainboard

I sure hope this is not the issue since it is only a year old. I have a friends that he sold me for $50 as it was an Acer also and broke , he was told the motherboard went bad also. Well looks like I will be investing in test and repair equipment and begin using my US Naval Electronics training.

- Collapse -
One last thing.
- Collapse -
acer aspire

How you solve the problem?
I have same problem with my laptop aspire 9300

CNET Forums