Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Laptops forum

Question

Acer ES1-512 cm-5

by vladcretzu2000 / March 15, 2015 6:16 AM PDT

Hy everyone, i bought this laptop. I like this one very much. But only one question. Is there any way to put on direct 'charge' (meaning that i want to keep it plugged-in, but without the battery being affected)??? Is there any way to 'turn off' the battery, because I can't get it out. It is inside the laptop, and I can't access it. I am on windows 7, if it makes some difference. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Clarification Request
So this is cross posted?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2015 7:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Acer ES1-512 cm-5

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Odd request.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2015 6:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Acer ES1-512 cm-5

I can't guess why but at the office we left and still do leave laptops plugged in for years without any ill effect. The really great side effect is that we don't put UPS units all around the facility.

There were some folk from another time (?) that wanted to "save the battery." They are usually searching for such odd things. I guess you could have a tech unplug it for you?
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks.
by vladcretzu2000 / March 15, 2015 7:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Odd request.

thanks friend, but yes, i want to save the battery. my laptop is brand new an that's way. so is there no other way??? just like this?

Collapse -
Still an odd question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2015 11:37 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks.

Laptops over a decade ago did have some problems but today they plug in, charge up and then just float along for years if you keep it on the mains.

There are so many prior discussions and you may be thinking of issues over a decade ago.

Let's say you are insistent. You bought the wrong laptop.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!