Desktops forum

General discussion

Acer Aspire x3450 Black Screen

by SUPERBU5 / September 3, 2011 7:54 AM PDT

i have an Acer Aspire x3450, i just got it about 2 months ago, Just a few days ago my screen has no signal, so i restarted the computer and it wont boot,but the power light was on the fan and disc drive was working too, then i unpluged it for about 4 hours then it started like normal for about 10 min then the screen went blank again, then i unpluged it for about 2 days and it was working for about 1 hour then i got the black screen again. i dont have money to send my computer away to get fixed so i came here to see if anyone else has the same problem and if anyone has some quick fixes.
oh and im useing my tv as a monitor with hdmi but all my other stuff works on it

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Acer Aspire x3450 Black Screen
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Acer Aspire x3450 Black Screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I don't understand something.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2011 8:14 AM PDT

At 2 months that's well inside a warranty period.

But I do have one idea. Some machines won't boot if our USB devices are plugged in. While we know why and we know it's a flaw, just try to get the maker to fix that!
Bob

Collapse -
hi
by buddy1974 / May 14, 2012 8:34 PM PDT

I HAVE THE SAME COMPUTER AS YOU CAN YOU TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?
CAN YOU SWITCH THE DESKTOP OK ?
IF NOT THAN YOU GOT A VIRUS ON IT YOU GOT YOUR RECOVERY DISCS ?
IF NOT WHAT WINDOWS YOUR USING ? WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM OR ULTIMATE?
IF YOUR UPGRADE TO WIN7 ULTIMATE THAN YOU NEED TO REINSTALL IT AGAIN OR YOUR USING A FAKE WINDOWS WITH A VIRUS ON IT AND PLS DO NOT USE TORRENTS TO GET ANYTHING COZ ARE ALL VIRUSES ON IT
LEO

Collapse -
From what I read of the top post
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 14, 2012 8:44 PM PDT
In reply to: hi

it seems more like a hardware issue to me.

I didn't see where either fake Windows or torrents were mentioned.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.