Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Acer Aspire 5738G - hibernate problem in windows7

by sunprogrammer1 / January 17, 2010 2:58 AM PST

Hi dear sir/lady:
please help me. I have Acer Aspire 5738G, but have problem in windows7 x64 hibernation.
my problem is: I can't go to hibernate mode! and system don't show me any error, when I click on hibernate button, the screen of laptop gone black (like it gone to hibernate or sleep or shutdown mode), but the power's LED of laptop, is lighting Blue, show that system don't go to hibernate mode, and by moving mouse, the computer screen return to windows immediately! I have Kasperky2010 internet security(original & updated), and scan all my computer is virus free. [when Kaspersky is On or Off I have same problem too).
I exclude my mouse from wake-devices-list, by unChecking it's power-managment check-box in device-manager ( allow-this-device-to-wake-computer).
I test on my windows partition that hibernate file size is as equal as RAM amount 4.1GB.

[I just want to tell that, I install windows-XP-SP3(x86) and Vista-Ultimate(x64), and test the hibernate, I found it work 100%. but is windows7(x64) have such this problem.
please guide my, how to solve this problem?
(best regards, Alex)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Acer Aspire 5738G - hibernate problem in windows7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Acer Aspire 5738G - hibernate problem in windows7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You don't say.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2010 8:50 AM PST
http://gd.panam.acer.com/home/ and following the links to this machine's drivers find over 12 that would need to be installed.

Can you share your EXACT step by step install plan?
Collapse -
This might help as reference
by Dango517 / January 18, 2010 9:27 PM PST
Collapse -
still have problem
by sunprogrammer1 / February 28, 2010 1:23 AM PST
In reply to: my error

hi dear sir/lady
I download and Install ALL 64bit windows7 drivers from Acer website and nothing happened to my problem!
I erase everything on my c:\ drive [format it from windows7 DVD when installing], and install a clean windows7-x64, then install all my new drivers, but my problem exists! can't go to hibernate state.
please guide me.
I tell this problem to Acer website, but they don't reply me.
thanks you for sharing your valuable information with me.
(best regards, Alex)

Collapse -
You didn't tell.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 28, 2010 1:25 AM PST
In reply to: still have problem

If you set the hibernate option. It's not optional and if you use disk cleanup and delete it, I found no one able to restore it without research on google.

Tell more.

Collapse -
I set the hibernate
by sunprogrammer1 / February 28, 2010 1:35 AM PST
In reply to: You didn't tell.

hi dear sir/lady:
thanks for helping me.
I set the hibernate [enabled].
i can see the hibernate-sys file on my "c:\" drive, it's size is as equal as my RAM amount [4gig DDR3].
but hibernate not work so.
(best regards, Alex)

Collapse -
Why should it work?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 28, 2010 2:49 AM PST
In reply to: I set the hibernate

Nothing in your posts reveal what you do to hibernate. It is not automatic. Tell more, tell all.

"It doesn't work" = not enough detail.
Bob

Collapse -
detail
by sunprogrammer1 / February 28, 2010 4:35 AM PST
In reply to: Why should it work?

hi dear sir/lady:
first of all, I set this in windows command line: "powercfg -h on"
second "powercfg -h size 100"
third I try to check my hibernate-sys file in my root-path of drive, I see it is equal as my RAM amount (4GIG DDR3), then I go to start-menu and select "hibernate".
If is required to do any other thing?
If you need more information/detail please ask exactly what you need to know?
(best regards, Alex)

Collapse -
For example.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 28, 2010 5:52 AM PST
In reply to: detail

I see you writing "powercfg" and such but never write if you changed the power button to hibernate instead of sleep. Keep writing.

"I go to start-menu and select "hibernate"."

The problem I see is your posts stop about there. I'd like to read a little more about what happens, does it attempt, and what you find in the event viewer after the attempt.

Bob

Collapse -
some detail in youtube video
by sunprogrammer1 / March 3, 2010 4:00 AM PST
In reply to: For example.

hi sir/lady
some detail is in you-tube video, I post it in previous post one's.
is this enough?
if not, ask to write more.
best regards

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.