Laptops forum

General discussion

acer aspire 3935 problem

Hello. I have a problem with my laptop unit. My laptop is acer aspire 3935 problem. I have some soft touch buttons. it includes wifi/bluetooth/backup. It keeps on turning on and off. I have problems when I surf the internet and the 3 buttons just turns off and on going in spasm. please help me solve this problem.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: acer aspire 3935 problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: acer aspire 3935 problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Too often

In reply to: acer aspire 3935 problem

Collapse -
acer aspire 3935 problem

In reply to: Too often

hello. i think this is not a malware issue. it happens 1 week after i bought the unit. the touchpads are turning off and on randomly. please tell me if you have the same problem with mine and how did you solve it.

Collapse -
How I solved that one.

I made it a warranty issue. The unit went back and they did their thing. I now have a working laptop.

Collapse -
acer aspire 3935 problem

In reply to: How I solved that one.

how did you explain to them that there is a problem in the unit. did the problem went out when you showed it to the technicians? please tell me what's the problem of the unit. please help me.

Collapse -
I can't help you.

It appears you didn't read the above replies. Often I find that some are looking for more but they don't write what they are looking for. I didn't need to show the issue. It was not working and in warranty so the fix was simple. I called it in, they walked me through a few things to try and then they arranged for return and repair.

Hope that helps you,
Bob

Collapse -
acer aspire 3935 problem bluetooth/wifi/backup manager

In reply to: I can't help you.

hello. what problem have you experience in your unit bro? is it the random blinking of your touchpads? mainly the wifi/bluetooth/backup manager? do we have the same problem? the problem of my unit is the 3 touchpads just randomly turn off and on. It becomes a problem when the wifi just turns off and also when i have presentations in the class. the backup manager just keeps on turning on and off. please help me. what did the technicians in your area said about the problem bro?

Collapse -
What they did and said.

In reply to: acer aspire 3935 problem bluetooth/wifi/backup manager

I called in, they had me try a few things. It still failed so they arranged for return for repair.

I can't make this any simpler.
Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: What they did and said.

ah ok. thank you so much bro. the technicians here said they want to see the problem but i don't how to make it in the actual. it just randomly turn off and on. it's so sad to see when the problem gets started. please help me if someone encounter this problem and has the solution.

Collapse -

Magicman888 I believe we have the same problem. I just bought this acer 3935 a few months ago I noticed that there are times the wifi and/or bluetooth just turn on and off like wise with the backup manager. That cause me to disconnect to the wifi. Then I need to shut down to resolve the issue. Hope some one from acer can help us. Please update me once you have found the solution. Thanks dude.

Collapse -
acer aspire 3935 problem bluethooth/wifi/backup manager

the problem still exist up to now. i don't know what to do anymore. i tried going to tne technician but they just can't figure out the problem. i also read other posts who have the same problem like us. hope this we'll be figure out as soon as possible.

Collapse -
problem fixed

In reply to: acer aspire 3935 problem bluethooth/wifi/backup manager

I solved this problem in a very easy way (5 minutes to fix it). You have to open the panel (very easy: you could find instructions on the web) and use 4/5 strips of electrical insulating tape exactly under the wifi and bluetooth icons without removing any wire. I think the problem is caused by the bad insulation of the wifi/bth buttons and using the tape you can solve it.

Collapse -
RE:acer aspire 3935 problem bluetooth/wifi/backup manager

Hello,

Problem you described seems to be like type fault on this acer model. I have read tens of these kinds of conversations. Then I found solution for the problem when(1)I took my battery off the machine (which seems to help with the problem). (2)Make sure that the Wlan is on. (3) I started to lift the black panel where the flashing buttons are. First lift carefully the back side of the panel. (4) Lift the front side of the panel.(5)Then you might see the little wire which is in the middle of the panel. Take hold on it and carefully take it of from the computer. (6) Put the panel back and problem should end. Anyhow this solution switch of the whole panel besides on of button and battery saving button. So you cant use voice control or back up or bluetooth or Wlan button from the panel. But at least those aren't flashing anymoore.

Collapse -
Me too

I have the exact same problem with my acer 3935, when i first bought it back at June 2010 this problem showed up 2 weeks later and still exist. i tried few thigs non of them worked. i diabled the wifi, uninstall the backup pro with no success! The problem is that it only happen 2-3 times a week. and it is happening now very annoying. one more thig i noticed that if i move the laptop a little it showed up immidietly but not every time. maybe its a hardwear problem ??! i realy wish to have some clue for this.

Collapse -
acer aspire 3935 problem

In reply to: Me too

yeah. until now the problem existed. taking the battery off would somehow lessen the problem but not eliminate it. the problem is currently existing and I really don't know why acer still haven't a solution yet. Maybe this is a hardware problem. could someone point us to a direction so this problem would be illuminated and solved. this problem is messing with my scul reports and research especially when I'm using the internet. Acer aspire 3935 problem has gone a lot through this time. hoping there are some people out there who could help us.

Collapse -
Acer Aspire 3935 Problem

My daughter has the same problem. It was returned for repair in September, and they reported a media board fault, and updated media board firmware and system BIOS. We thought the problem was fixed, as it was OK for 6 weeks, but it's started happening again, and the frequency is increasing. It's going back for repair, but I think they're stalling until the warranty expires. I wouldn't buy Acer again. I find their overseas call centre very difficult to deal with.

Collapse -
acer 3935 problem - solution

In reply to: Acer Aspire 3935 Problem

Its pretty easy to fix this yourself you just need to disable the touchbar, I did this a few months ago and the laptop has been 100% since, no problems and wifi works with no issues.

Basically you need to remove the touch bar along the top and the ribbon cable connecting it to the motherboard.

To start with remove the battery.

Removing the battery and looking in where the battery was you will see this:
http://yfrog.com/jyimg5084ij

The two small holes in the pic expose the inner prongs on the touch bar, they allow you to gently push them and help pop out the bar. These holes are the all along the back. I started on the left side (where the power button is) and worked right.

The bar also has clips on the keyboard side as can be seen below which also will need to be gently pryed out:
http://yfrog.com/7gimg5086lj

Once you have got the bar loose gently pull the white ribbon cable out connecting the touch bar to the motherboard. Make sure wifi was enabled before you do this (just to be safe). I completely removed the ribbon (i.e. disconnected it from the motherboard and the touch bar and took it out)
http://yfrog.com/epimg5085rgj

Then its just a case of clipping it all back together and trying it.

So far this has worked well. No problems and the inbuilt wifi works. Sound works. Trackpad works.

I just have no touch volume keys or wifi on/off or bt on/off or backup, but hey who cares if it works properly.

Collapse -
Acer 3935 Problem

In reply to: acer 3935 problem - solution

Thanks for the information, but I wouldn't want to do this as it would invalidate the warranty. There's obviously a design/hardware fault and Acer should be doing everything to rectify this, but they don't seem willing to do this.

Collapse -
Acer Aspire 3935 Problem

In reply to: Acer 3935 Problem

i guess Acer is trying to consume all our warranty date so they cannot be dealt with it. about the solution offered in the previous posts. i guess a technician may do it for its hard for us especially me to deal things like this. but if its a solution to begin with why not. i am still hoping someone will have a solution that will not be as complicated like this. Acer must do something about this. for anyone who has a better solution please tell us.

Collapse -
fix

In reply to: Acer Aspire 3935 Problem

this fix means that you may not have bluetooth but it does stop the wifi from being constantly interrupted

type in msconfig in start search bar when you click on windows start button

opens system configuration

in system configuration click services

in list that appears under services untick bluetooth support services

click ok and restart laptop

if you find you need bluetooth you can simply reverse the process

regards

Collapse -
acer aspire 3935 problems

In reply to: fix

hello. thank you so much for participating guys. about the current reply. it's still not working. everytime the laptop is hot the problem appears again. hope someone would give a concrete solution to the problem. what i did is i took off the battery and the problem lessens but not totally eliminated. my warranty had expired and i am so sad about this problem. i'm still hopeful someone has already the solution and kindly help us.

Collapse -
Problem Fixed

In reply to: acer 3935 problem - solution

I solved this problem in a very easy way. You have to open the panel (very easy: you could find instructions on the web) and use 4/5 strips of electrical insulating tape exactly under the wifi and bluetooth icons without removing any wire. I think the problem is caused by the bad insulation of the wifi buttons and using the tape you can solve it.

Collapse -
Problem solved!

I solved this problem in a very easy way.
You have to open the panel (very easy: you could find instructions on the web) and use electrical insulating tape exactly under the wifi and bluetooth icons without removing any wire. Use two or three layers, and won't have problems anymore.

I think the problem is caused by the bad insulation of the wifi buttons and using the tape you can solve it.

Cla

Collapse -
Still got the problem

In reply to: Problem solved!

Problem has re-occurred for a 3rd time, and the warranty has now expired, and guess what? - Acer Support are not interested, even though the problem occurred during the warranty and they have been unable to offer a permanent solution. After some legal advice, I'm now contacting the original place I bought the laptop from. They have ignored my email, so I've now sent a recorded delivery letter. I'm hoping their Customer Services are better than Acer's, but I'm not too confident. I would never recommend anyone to buy an Acer product. From the number of people displaying the same problem, there is obviously a design fault, and they are using temporary fixes to get them through the warranty period, then absolving themselves of any responsibility.

Collapse -
Here in California

In reply to: Still got the problem

The law is pretty clear that if the unit and issue was not solved in warranty the warranty on the issue is still intact. Keep at them.
Bob

Collapse -
freaked out

In reply to: Here in California

ok, i have the same problem and now you ppl freaked me out about contacting acer, cause my warranty is out! i actually had to deal with them before and they were pretty quick and efficient about the repair, but I still had my warranty then! btw, does anyone know how much will it cost to send the laptop in?

Collapse -
Cost of Repair

In reply to: freaked out

They quoted me

Collapse -
thanks!

In reply to: Cost of Repair

thanks Happy, will contact them on monday, will see what they'll say..

Collapse -
There's NO REPAIR for this PROBLEM.

In reply to: thanks!

I've been watching this thread for more than a year now and based on my experience and after 3 times ACER replaced my laptop with same model. Though I told them that I would like to replace it with other model and pay for an additional fee if needed but they did not allow me.

Collapse -
hello

have you tried reformatting the laptop? i think it works. Happy try reformatting the laptop using the backup mode by acer.

Collapse -

In reply to: hello

Yes. tried this, the first time it happened. Installed Vista and downloaded and installed all the latest drivers from Acer, but it made no difference.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.