Computer Help forum

General discussion

Acer AM1100 XP audio driver help

by toddaroo / May 26, 2008 6:47 AM PDT

Hello -

I purchased the Acer AM1100 system that came preloaded with Vista. I removed Vista, and have a successful install of XP pro sp3.

However, like so many others, I cannot get the HD audio to work. I have been searching for 4 days now, and in every single instance where someone is trying to do what I've done, it is the audio that presents the problem. And, in every single instance, there is someone who claims to have successfully installed the XP audio drivers but refuses to explain how it was done and where the drivers were downloaded from.

Acer customer support is no help.

So, I now have 3 different sets of audio drivers for my box. I've tried everything:

I've burned each of the driver sets to disc and have tried each - and in every case, I get the following error:

Intall Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure !! <error code : -0001>

I tried each right from my hard disk and get the same error.

Going to the Sound control panel and attempting to install the driver from there does not work, because there is nothing installed. It simply fails from that location.

I uninstalled the MS UAA update and attempted to reinstall, but I get the same error.

I have no idea what to do at this point. I am lost. I have a sweet PC with no sound, and it bites. I was half tempted to join one of those sites that scans all the drivers in your PC and lets you update them from their site for $30, but I can't help but feel like that would be a mistake.

Can anyone shed any light on what I need to do? I feel like there must be something because I've read where people have succeeded in doing this. Can one of you who have succeeded please let me know what it is I need to do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Acer AM1100 XP audio driver help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Acer AM1100 XP audio driver help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Why not install a new or old sound card.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 26, 2008 7:11 AM PDT

Something you know works with Vista?

Collapse -
(NT) Oops. I meant XP.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 26, 2008 7:11 AM PDT
Collapse -
I'm at that point now...
by toddaroo / May 26, 2008 7:16 AM PDT

I'm just sick and tired of searching and failing to find what I'm looking for. And with the number of instances of people who have the exact same issue I am having, and no usable solutions in any of these threads scattered all over the internet - I'm ready to do just that.

I think I may run to Best Buy and pick up a sound card...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?