Question

Acer 1 restored after virus now no networking

I had a virus take out my Acer. Had to do a complete restore with the discs. Now all is back in place but unable to get on the network which worked fine prior. Ran the network setup on the XP, copied to flash drive and ran on Acer. No network adapter working. Acer support,twice after 4 hours once and 3 hrs the next time then referred to a pay support place. Any ideas to offer? The wifi signal is on.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Acer 1 restored after virus now no networking
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Acer 1 restored after virus now no networking
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Acer One restored; no network adapters working

Aspire One
Win7 Home Premium
Intel Atom N450
2GB RAM

Original incident occurred when I was on vac on anothers network. Turned computer on and plugged in iPhone; I Tunes said new update to OS 4. available; clicked yes and then iPhone froze and computer wouldn't load, turnoff etc.
Did complete restore with discs.
Have reloaded and run Malwarebytes, have McAfee loaded and Super Antispyware.

- Collapse -
Go ioto Device manager and

look under network adapters. Look an see if you see your specific brand of wireless card. If it's there but has a yellow check mark that meeans there is a problem if not right click and hit update driver. If that doesn't work right click on the device and select disable then under action hit scan for hardware changes. It will search for the new device since the driver was disabled it will install driver for the card.

Sometimes Acer uses multiple wireless cards in certain models so verify the brand name (it should say in the device manager). You don't want to install the driver for Intel wireless card for Linksys wireless card.

CNET Forums