General discussion

accidentally deleted pictures

while on a cruise i took about 200 pictures. I was looking through them and deleting some because they were bad pictures. While i was doing this i accidentally hit erase all instead of just erase. Is there a way to get back the erased pictures?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: accidentally deleted pictures
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: accidentally deleted pictures
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Hit erase on what? The camera, the computer, ???

If you are talking about a camera memory card, take it out of the camera and don't use it. Find a camera store that can recover the images from the card.

- Collapse -
accidental link.
- Collapse -
Accidental link

Bob, interesting site.
I was going to suggest ImageRecall.com
Kiddpeat had good advise and not to use the card at all once this happens.
I had my card completely restored and all images using ImageRecall.
In my case I did not delete all. I went to reformat the card which is even worse.
Whatever method this person chooses. Do not use the card at all!!! Important not to take another picture shot.
If you do, all is gone.
Use one of the methods suggested here.

Happens all the time unfortunately. Even for me, darn it!
Live and learn.

-Kevin

- Collapse -
To 5Terre from the Forum Moderator

There is a fine line between being informative and producing advertisements.

You have crossed that line.

Your post has been deleted for advertising.

CNET Forums

Forum Info