General discussion

Access Violation Installing Ad-Aware Free Internet Security

Hello.

I was attempting to download this Free Ad-Aware software. Executing Ad-AwareInstall.exe and after selecting the language on the installation I got an Access Violation at 784C421 in module kernel32.dll. Click on ok and then got the Access Violation on module RICHED20.dll Then got Line 412: Access Violation error message on module RICHED20.dll. Finally got a Runtime Error in Install System Error code 1400 Invalid Window Handle.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Windows XP Professional
Version 2002 sp3

I'm trying to fix the Svchost.exe popup error and Ad-Aware was one of the steps suggested in this forum to run.

Thank you for your help.

Pat

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Access Violation Installing Ad-Aware Free Internet Security
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Access Violation Installing Ad-Aware Free Internet Security
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Hi Pat, can you try to...

install Malwarebytes Anti-malware, update the database then run a scan?
See if it will find any spyware or other malware that is causing Ad-Aware install problem.

If there's no threat in your computer, empty the temporary files in Windows.
Restart the PC.
Download a new setup file of Ad-Aware from:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ad-aware/ (click "Download the latest version" at the right)
See if the new setup file will give the same error or problem.

- Collapse -
Access Violation - Ad-Aware

Hi Donna. Thanks for replying.

I have installed MB Anti-malware and ran the update prior to attempting to install Ad-Aware. I removed all infected files (there were 13 ) The svchost.exe error continued and that's why I was trying to install the Ad-Aware in hopes that would find more issues.

How do you suggest I remove the temporary Windows files? I know only of through the IE browser but I'm sure there are more temporary Windows files.

I will download another version of Ad-Aware once I remove the temporary files.

Thanks again.

- Collapse -
Glad you have MBAM already

Yes, please try to re-download the setup file for Ad-Aware to see any difference.

If svchost.exe error continues, I suggest updating MBAM again and then re-scan the computer.

If MBAM found no more infection and you cannot install Ad-Aware using a new setup file, try to run the System File Checker in Windows after removing the temporary files in Windows:

1. To remove temporary files, click Start>type %temp% in run box, and then hit OK. Delete all files in the folder that will open.
Or you can use CCleaner (free) to delete temporary files in Windows, including other applications' logs.
Ccleaner download is here">http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds]here but choose to download the CCleaner - Slim Installer, no toolbar.

2. Run System File Checker: Start > Run > type cmd.exe > hit OK button.
In the command window, type SFC /scannow and then hit enter key on your keyboard.
The utility might prompt you to insert the XP installation CD, please have it ready.

- Collapse -
Ad-Aware

I downloaded Ad-Aware but thought better of using it after its first scan. My machine runs XP SP3, and I did not encounter the problems you report. However, I later installed both MBAM and SpyBot, and one of these (Spybot, I think) fingered Ad-Aware as being rogue software. I didn't argue; I uninstalled Ad-Aware. Better safe than sorry. I suggest you get Spybot and repeat the process : I would like to know if the diagnosis can be replicated.

Hayton.

- Collapse -
Lavasoft's Ad-Aware Is Not A Rogue Program..

Hayton..

If you downloaded Ad-Aware from Lavasoft, or a reliable download site, I highly doubt it was "fingered" as a rogue. Unless, it was a false positive reading on Spybot's part.

There are some rogues, which could easily be mistaken for Ad-Aware. One being "Adware Pro". Does this look familiar?

Carol

- Collapse -
Apologies to Ad-Aware & its users ...

No, I don't know that product (fortunately).

The software I had which was flagged as dubious wasn't that, nor Ad-Aware, but "Adware Away". Apologies for maligning (however briefly) a reputable product. I've been looking for the log files of MBAM and Spybot for confirmation but the older logs got deleted; the similarity in the names confused me.

In passing I note that Adware-Away has been reviewed on CNET -
(http://download.cnet.com/Adware-Away/3000-8022_4-10293404.html).
The review notes "Free to try (Removal disabled)" which ought to ring alarm bells.

This forum thread
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t147573.html
includes an output log from MBAM which identifies it as a Rogue.

I'm not bothered if it's legit; I didn't like it, it "found" a malware infection that no other product has re-discovered, and once it's "found" a problem, that's as far as you get with the free-trial version. Then you are expected to buy the "fix".
No thanks.

Anyway, this is all off-topic. So, back to the original thread ...

CNET Forums

Forum Info