General discussion

Access DENIED!

Hi my potential saviours... I have recently installed a fresh copy of XP SP2 on my C partition, and to save time, I have simply moved my "my document" folder over to partition D. I think that was probably a mistaken.

After the installation was complete, I've tried to move the files back to C, it went okay for most folders in my documents, but for one folder with pictures in it, it would not move. The warning message states: "Cannot copy : Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protectd and that the file is not currently in use."

I have tried many things. I tried acccess it through cmd, Access is denied there. I've tried to claim ownership, but it still doesn't work. The previews for the pictures won't even come up. The files seem to be in tact though. I have years of memories on there. Please help.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Access DENIED!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Access DENIED!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just wondering.

I can understand you not being able to copy those files to your C drive, but have you tried copying them onto a CD? If so....simply disregard my reply as idiotic, and by all means....carry on. =0)

Y4

- Collapse -
Access DENIED....I've tried

yeah.. I have tried that as well. Windows did not allow the burning software to access those files neither. It did not even allowed the preview to access them.

The funny thing is that out of all the folders in "my documents" only this specific folder has the problem. I wonder why. But thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it!

- Collapse -
You said

CNET Forums

Forum Info