Question

Accelerators for Foxfire

The only reason I am still using Microsoft Explorer to surf the net is that it has accelerators (you know, when you highlight a word or passage and then that arrow appears and lets you search it on search engines or designated websites).

I have never been able to get one to work for Foxfire.

Can someone recommend an accelerator that will?

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Accelerators for Foxfire
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Accelerators for Foxfire
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Odd. I use the other method.

Highlight a word then right click and in the popup menu is a search with that word.
Bob

- Collapse -
FireFox

I only have that feature on Internet Explorer, but I want it on FireFox.

Do you know the best way to install it on FireFox because the version I have does NOT have it...

- Collapse -
Then you have the wrong version.

It's native in mine (14.0.1). Why not download the latest one (that's 15)?

Kees

- Collapse -
Okay, I did it

Okay, I did it, thanks.

So, I am right-clicking on the word(s) I highlight and it gives me the option to google search the word(s). Which is great, but I also want to be able to have my choice of which site to search on. With Internet Explorer, I added about 15 accelerators in addition to Bing which is their default accelerator.

Is it possible to add accelerators like dictionary.com, wikipedia, etc. as accelerators as I am able to do with IE?

- Collapse -
That's a new question.
- Collapse -
Answer
I am not sure ...

why you are mentioning Internet Explorer, but a good accelerator for Foxfire (the bluish green glow present in decaying wood) would be gasoline, charcoal lighter fluid, sterno, pine pitch or a little dab of C4 ignited with a match or lighter.

On the other hand, if you actually meant FireFox (the web browser), I believe that if you highlight a word or phrase then right click it with the mouse you will get an option to search for it on Google. This works on the page itself but not in any text box you may be working in.

- Collapse -
Sorry, I meant FoxFire!

Yes, sorry, I meant FoxFire, not FireFox!

I have the accelerator feature on Internet Explorer but I do NOT have it on FoxFire BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT.

What do I have to do to get that feature on FoxFire?

CNET Forums