I have a dell inspiron e1505 laptop and have had it for over 2.5 years. After some time i have been noticing a lot of wear and tear on the charger itself. The part where the charger connects to the computer is where the problem is. The AC adapter would no longer charge the battery BUT would run my laptop just fine. I noticed that the plastic covering had come off a little and that some exposed wires were fraying out. As soon as I noticed this, I thought i would save a few bucks and fix the problem myself. So i spliced the wires and reconnected them. There were 3 wires (Im assuming 1 for ground, 1for the laptop, and 1 for the battery??? not sure though). After I got everything soldered I plugged it into my laptop.There was a little "pop" sound from the computer as soon as i did this. OOPS!!
I think I wired the 3 connections wrong. I didnt have a voltmeter at this time so i just guessed. So now my battery is dead, my AC adapter is bad and I have no idea if i just fried my computer. I ordered a new battery and AC adapter.
The battery works perfect and my laptop does as well except for-- the adapter doesn't run the computer or charge the battery. Im thinking I must have shorted some connection out (between the power and battery). I took apart the laptop and have no idea what to do now.
Any suggestions would be assume!
ps. i noticed that as soon as i plug in the power, the lcd screen instantly brightens up but very faint and unnoticeably. Im thinking this isnt a very big problem to fix but I just dont know the schmatics of it.
Thanks for all of the help.
Your favorite shows are back!
Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!